characterized dentures

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Thanks for details, I am aware of the techniques but was mainly curious to your own prefered methods and journey for delivery of these dentures. I am looking for useful tips from experienced users that have been proven to be successful, as I am also likely to encounter lots of cases in residential situations that will benefit from this treatment. I have used similar method with soft impression compound instead of tissue conditioners, but wish to develop my handling of these materials, and also get to know which are better with regard to their timing and handling qualities. Also looking for info on patient tolerance and preferences.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I guess the best advise is stick with the process that works for you the best....

D

Daymon Capers

Reaction score
Great work stuff. Very well done. Keep it up.

D

dborla01

Reaction score
I used to characterize dentures when I worked with dentists and they looked beautiful...in hand. However, since we now work directly with Pt's, we have found that the priority is correct centric relation, vertical, and tooth placement. The mouth naturally masks-tones down the denture base. However, it is nice to see the artwork/craftsmanship as performed by accomplished dental technicians.

P

PDLtd

Reaction score
Hi all. Loving the look of these denture arts. I really do enjoy this part of making dentures. I just wanted to add some comment for consideration. I love doing tinting jobs for my patients (when needed and if they pay me enough [emoji12]) and getting to see them insitu is a great reward. I have to agree with some that it would be nice to see photos of them fitted. The reason being that they can look really nice "in hand" for us professionals to appreciate, but the look is often lost aesthetically in mouth. This is usually because in most cases very little gum is actually seen, but also the lovely effects and nuances get washed out and provide little affect. I used to be all about the nuance effects until a job went bad. I didn't have time to fix, but was curious about how the "blotchy cancer looking effect" I did achieve would look in the mouth. I had been studying the natural gums of my patients for a while and noted that sometimes they were blotchy (sorry for technical term [emoji6]),especially darker skinned people. This lady had a very high smile line and being darker skinned I couldn't use just standard acrylic to fulfil a good result. This was a while back now and I had used vertex shade 15? As the base acrylic. (Now removed from market you understand why). Anyway she was not overly excited looking at it "in hand" but in the mouth it just popped!! I mean seriously wow! Long story short I now make my staining more aggressive. In the hand not so fine looking, but not terrible, but it does give a more realistic look in mouth IMO. Unfortunately unless you're fitting the dentist/clinician you are supplying probably won't appreciate it. If you can, I believe that you should see them in mouth. It's rewarding plus you can't really develop technique further unless you see them in their natural environment. How easy is it for techos to attend clinic to see their work in the states etc? Or how many denturists have noticed what I have? Or am I alone in this haha.

Teeth staining. Unless it's for partial dentures trying to match natural teeth, I struggle to justify. Mainly because, apart from rare exceptions, most patients want clean teeth without stains. I find tooth modification, arrangement, and colour selection to be the best 'natural' appearance that patients appreciate. Personally I like a nicely stained tooth, but I want to get paid too. Ahaha.

Ps to be fair I don't do as many denture tints now. Most cases show very little gum and I don't feel comfortable charging patients for something that doesn't benefit them. I do them sometimes, when not needed, because it's fun and rewarding. But it's a free extra I don't charge for. After all it's for more for me than the patient. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk