cerec

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
It's commercials like this that pull dentists away from the labs.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
safer money is in coke

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well, i guess its easier to sell up here.

"dude i need a snowball"

you either get hit in the face with a snowball, or you get a dimebag for 40 bucks.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I bought a the software, from a lab, I use connect and 15 software to export the scans and import into 3shape, we mill in house on our Wieland mills.

Its been a great path so far.

The toughest part is finding the software for the right price.
do i need something on my 3shape end to import the .stl?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you wanted to go digital, well..

7302.jpg

G

Geoff Thomson

Reaction score
I was told during the week that if I get STL model builder I would be able to accept and design scans from ANY scanner on the market...I find it extremely hard to believe though as I think its only to design models.

There is also this module that I saw (see photo),that might be exactly what you are looking for. Im not sure why its not available in US though...
3Shape-Sirona%20screen%20shot_zpseotruefj.png.html

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
fixed your link

its not hard to believe. allscans allows you to import any type of scan currently supported by dental scanners, in formats such as stl, ply, and proprietary formats with few exceptions. it will allow you to use these scans to do design of prosthesis and allow you to create models.

allscans is the bread and butter for people wanting to work with closed systems.

the module above will allow you to work with only 3shape native formats AND cerec formats. it does not provide additional ability to work with iTero, planscan, or such. for that you need allscans. by all accounts a far superior module.

G

Geoff Thomson

Reaction score
Thanks

Ok great, sounds like a great module then.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
fixed your link

its not hard to believe. allscans allows you to import any type of scan currently supported by dental scanners, in formats such as stl, ply, and proprietary formats with few exceptions. it will allow you to use these scans to do design of prosthesis and allow you to create models.

allscans is the bread and butter for people wanting to work with closed systems.

the module above will allow you to work with only 3shape native formats AND cerec formats. it does not provide additional ability to work with iTero, planscan, or such. for that you need allscans. by all accounts a far superior module.
so with allscans, would cerec connect still be needed? i thought i would need both

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
all scans and cerec connect are not part of the same system. cerec connect is like DDX. a web connection where you download cases from. if you dont have a technically adept dentist ready and willing to take time out of his day to convert the file and dropbox it, you need cerec connect and you both have to register in it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
all scans and cerec connect are not part of the same system. cerec connect is like DDX. a web connection where you download cases from. if you dont have a technically adept dentist ready and willing to take time out of his day to convert the file and dropbox it, you need cerec connect and you both have to register in it.
ok, I didn't realize it could be converted on the client side. thank you

B

biodentalab

Reaction score
I bought a the software, from a lab, I use connect and 15 software to export the scans and import into 3shape, we mill in house on our Wieland mills.

Its been a great path so far.

The toughest part is finding the software for the right price.
So you did not have to purchase the actual scanner, just software? Someone said, in order to join Cerec Connect, you need the serial number from the scanner... We use 3shape and a couple of doctors are asking us to accept Cerec IOS files....Thanks.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
So you did not have to purchase the actual scanner, just software? Someone said, in order to join Cerec Connect, you need the serial number from the scanner... We use 3shape and a couple of doctors are asking us to accept Cerec IOS files....Thanks.
same here, that's why ive been inquiring