Cerec Connect

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Anyone using Cerec Connect yet? We just went to a Patterson seminar with 70+ dentists salivating to get the new AC. 4 bought on the spot, 18 set up demos, a dozen are waiting for their's to come in. The AC will have a link to the Cerec Connect portal so they can send files directly to an inLab lab that they select. Rapid prototype models can be ordered from Sirona using those files so it's no sweat to do all types of restorations now. It's a proprietary system so there will no glitches from incompatabilites and best of all, only inLabs will be connected to the Cerec drs. Something like 8% of all doctors in America are Cerec doctors now and 18% of all doctors intend on becoming a new Cerec doctor this year. It's a nice closed circle.;)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds great. I'd love to hear some feedback on the new oral scanner.
Patterson has a pretty good sales force to push this stuff. It will be a hit for sure.

What improvements are there with the new scanner vs/ old Sirona scanner?

I'm guessing the software has improvements, of course.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
The AC is now using blue LEDs so the amount of data collected is approximately twice of the AU. The computer is using Vista 64 with much more power. Images are now stitched together without layering so all duplicate data is eliminated. When you blow up an image side by side to the COS or Itero there is no comparison. The others show all the lines from stitching of the images and margins are not sharp. Only one to 3 images are needed to do a single unit with the AC. Powerding is still nessassary but the Optispray is much lighter and washes off very easily. The software removes all the artifacts beautifully. With laser systems, the laser actually pentrates the surface of the prep and that data has to "filtered" out so that addes to the inconsitant image. A quadrant upper and lower and bite can be done in less than 3 minutes. The software senses when the camera is hovered over the prep and held still to capture the image automaticly, no pedal or button to click. The camera is held like a handpiece so it it more natural for the doctor to handle. The unit has a battery backup so it can be unplugged from the outlet without powering down so it can just moved from one opertory to another while still on. The display is larger, 19" now I believe. Unwanted images can be removed and replaced immediately as they are taken. I talked one on one with 14 doctors that are current AU Cerec doctors and all were either ordering an AC that day or making appointments for demonstations of it. Cerec Connect is also built in the to the software on the new AC, not a separate software like for the older units. That is more convenient for them so shoot that file straight to us with a complete Rx and even pictures. Oh ya, the doctors mark the margins so that's on them! Models can be ordered from Sirona. They are clean and have excellent detail and strength. They are articulated but they can be removed from the articulator to be put on an adjustable one if you needed (anterior guidance on an anterior bridge for instance). Finally all the pieces of the puzzle have together.

Last edited:
Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Sorry, your wrong. It does stitch together a bunch of video capture pictures inducing artifacts from that process. The scanner is a horse dildo needing 2 hands to hold, standing on front of the patient, an unnatural spot for the dentist to work from. The technology might be "old" but it works the best in the oral environment. There were direct comparisons to Itero and COS and they both showed flaws that the AC does not get. There is no "button to push" to capture the picture. You hover over the tooth you want to capture and then the software senses your stopped movement and it snaps the picture. Very easy and smooth. I have used both the AC and the COS in demonstrations. The AC and it's software is far superior. BTW, my wife is friends with the wife of a doctor that worked for Brontes developing the technology.
I understand how much you want to defend your high dollar investment. That's fine. It works for you. The Cerec inLab works well for us and now with the Cerec Connect so many Cerec doctors available we will be able to pick and choose who we want as accounts. There will be plenty of work to go around to Connected labs. We would just rather work with dentists for more profit rather than discounting to get labs to outsource to us.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have no experience with either, but can't wait to play with them.

I don't want to continue this because I'm no expert by any means.

The Cerec stuff looks good, if not, great. It will sell.

In June, my little brother and Dad plan on buying a COS. I may buy one also. Then, I'll have plenty to talk about. We are not in an area that the COS is released yet.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
They should really take a look at the AC. If they get the milling unit too, they will be able to mill singles and temps as well as send all files to you with the Cerec Connect. You could even design, mill, stain and glaze for them at your lab and bring it over for a true custom result in one day for their patients. That's what we are attempting to do with a Dr. across the hall from us. It would be perfect for him. As far as the inLab you have the choice of Cad Temp composit material, Vita and Ivoclar porcelain blocks and YZ, Vita alumina and spinell, and long term composits, models, as well as the ability to send to Sirona for NP frameworks if you want them. COS does not have all those choices. The support from Patterson is top notch too since they have exclusive marketing of Sirona's products in the US.

Top Bottom