Cercon Eye CAD

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I'm was looking at purchasing a used Cercon Eye 2007 for my small dental lab.
Its still a big investment to throw $25,000 - $30,000 at new CAD for a small lab.
My big question is: can I sent flies to other milling companies other than Densply,
with the 2007 Cercon Eye? Or is it closed to Densply only?
And would this be a good investment for a small lab? Or has technology
passed this system? Thanks T

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
I wish you posted this about a month ago. I just sent my Cercon Eye to the recycler:frusty:. I would have given you a great price on it if you really wanted it. Save yourself the money and get something else way better for the same price they want for the Eye. You will have all the versatility you want in sending files to wherever you want.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Watch ebay. They are available all the time.

Here's one for $6900 by it now:
Dental Lab Scanner / Cercon Eye Scanner Complete | eBay

The only reason a small lab should get a closed system (yes, Scott @ *** can open the files, and others too) is because you want the outsource option they give. Dentsply offers only Compartis to you with that system so far as I know. Decent pricing for output, good entry level scanner (call your Dentsply sales rep if you want a new one- pricing isn't as high as what you listed),output options aren't too bad either. The software was easy to learn when I used it where I used to work (we produced over 50k units with it).

If you are really looking at this system, call your rep and get the facts from them. It may do what you want it to.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I wish you posted this about a month ago. I just sent my Cercon Eye to the recycler:frusty:. I would have given you a great price on it if you really wanted it. Save yourself the money and get something else way better for the same price they want for the Eye. You will have all the versatility you want in sending files to wherever you want.
haha.. bad timing for you, good news for me.. What do you recommend for a small lab? Thanks T

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
I am currently using 3Shape. My Dental Wings and Cerec are collecting dust. DWOS with Envisiontec printer and Cerec with MCXL are for sale though.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have a KaVo scanner you can have for nothing, as long as you send us a few files every now and then.

Then return the scanner when you upgrade to something else.

Or, a used 3M Lava ST scanner as another option.

We can de-encrypt most all dental files to allow you to have almost anything made from anywhere.

No need to worry about closed/open. We also de-encrypt the Cercon Eye files.

Wax prints for $2.95 each. Full Contour Zirconia for $29. Even less if you want to Stain and Sinter yourself.

I have used 3M Lava sintering furnace for $1000 w/ beads and tray and extra elements, or a brand new furnace (Pink w/Black Skulls) for $3800 also w/beads and trays and extra elements. (Shipping not included with the frunaces.)

Scott 804-285-0777

C

charles007

Reaction score
I'm was looking at purchasing a used Cercon Eye 2007 for my small dental lab.
Its still a big investment to throw $25,000 - $30,000 at new CAD for a small lab.
My big question is: can I sent flies to other milling companies other than Densply,
with the 2007 Cercon Eye? Or is it closed to Densply only?
And would this be a good investment for a small lab? Or has technology
passed this system? Thanks T

If you spend any time at all researching Cercon, you will quickly learn to walk away....... Why do you think so many have sold on ebay alone many cerec inlabs.
Do you want a scanner real cheap beyond Scott's Kavo, buy the Closed Origin for $7500.. or buy most any scanner with Exocad, or 3Shape.
If I were you, and if Scott is serious, I would jump on Scotts offer before someone else calls him today......

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I have a KaVo scanner you can have for nothing, as long as you send us a few files every now and then.

Then return the scanner when you upgrade to something else.

Or, a used 3M Lava ST scanner as another option.

We can de-encrypt most all dental files to allow you to have almost anything made from anywhere.

No need to worry about closed/open. We also de-encrypt the Cercon Eye files.

Wax prints for $2.95 each. Full Contour Zirconia for $29. Even less if you want to Stain and Sinter yourself.

I have used 3M Lava sintering furnace for $1000 w/ beads and tray and extra elements, or a brand new furnace (Pink w/Black Skulls) for $3800 also w/beads and trays and extra elements. (Shipping not included with the frunaces.)

Scott 804-285-0777
Thanks Scott ;)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Shipping out tommorow.

Give it a try. It is German, but a little slow by todays standards. Accuracy is very good.

You can get help on this site for tips and tricks.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
whats up with the mill scott??

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The KaVo? It is here.

We moved it to back room to make room for the Haas....which left Californi today! YEAH!

One week trip across USA to my lab. Then, the first week in Sept. we have CIMSystems here from Italy to work out the CAM software for almost a week session. Just planned it yesterday, due to the unknown?

Won't be long now.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Are you still doing your cam training get together?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I will post something about this soon.

I am only nervous about getting all my crap together for the Haas.

I am done now I think? (Tools, Fixtures, Lubricants and workstations, software, etc..)

It was fun so far?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Well good luck im sure youll make it work. Im gonna send you a few partial patterns to print for me..

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Scott, you made my day :) Thanks so much.. Tad:D

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Scott, you made my day :) Thanks so much.. Tad:D

Tad if you want any help with the software then just send me a pm, still got all the old instructions for how to use it if you need them, Pete

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Tad if you want any help with the software then just send me a pm, still got all the old instructions for how to use it if you need them, Pete
For the KAVO? If so, i'm still waiting on it.. Hopefully Scott can get it to me soon.. Than I'll hit you up for some help ;) Thanks so much.. Tad

P

paulg100

Reaction score
man am i lucky, we have an inlab and cercon system. Now you see why i love cad/cam so much :)

both for sale of anyone wants. You can take your lab into the 18th century and beyond, with this cutting edge and high quality dental equipment.

to be part of something special give me a call on 999 (thats the uk emergency services),and we will have you smashing your head against a brick wall before you can scream " wheres my bloddy wax knife and press furnace"

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
No problem Tad, just let me know when you get it and I will dig out all the stuff for it. may even be able to get you up to speed with implant scanning so you can get them milled through Scott once his Hass is set up. All the best Pete

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Thanks Pete, I was worried that I might not find help if I needed it with the KaVo software, DLN always surprises me.. Its funny, around here in my city Labs aren't willing to exchange info or help each other.. DLN is a good place to be ;) Tad