Ceramill Zolid fx Multilayer

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I will post both the speed and regular program tomorrow.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Sintering cycles for Zolid Zolid FX and Zolid FX multi. Please note, all these materials can be fired in the same tray same cycle.

Speed cycle: This has been tested in the Dekema 664 & 674 only
Room temp to 900 at 60 degrees per min.
900 - 1350 at 12 degrees per min.
1350 - 1450 at 15 degrees per min.
Hold at 1450 for 65 minutes
Unregulated cool to 990 with door closed.
990 open furnace
This program is for single units only. max capacity for the Dekema 664 is 12 units, 674 is 15 units with open tray.
Time for program, about 2 hours in the 664 and 2:45 in the 674

Standard Program:
room p 1450 at 8 degrees per min.
Hold for 2 hours
Natural cool with furnace closed to 200
200 open furnace.

Long program: This is for large cases with sintering block
Room temp to 900 at 8 degrees per min.
hold at 900 for 30 minutes
900-1450 at 8 degrees per min.
hold for 2 hours
Natural cool to 200
200 open furnace

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
I will post both the speed and regular program tomorrow.
Bob, Do you have a rough rule of thumb for placing the units in the discs? ex)say for a 10mm crown place 2mm from bottom in a 16mm disc. How have the 14mm/20mm discs been? I typically run into even a 12mm crown 2-3mm from the bottom being pretty light towards the upper 1/2 of the crown. So based on what I've seen with the 16mm the 14mm disc might be at best good for a 8mm crown. I asked AG in a ML webinar and all they could say about placement was it is preference. I really like the material, been using it for a while, but have had issues finding information on it other than here from you. Zahn didn't even know they had incorrect item#/shades and I thought I'd try going around Zahn and called CAP and was tranfered back to someone from Zahn.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We are using mostly 14mm discs for shade differentiation. I think the file should be 4ish mm from either the top of bottom fo the disc. However, I know we are getting a good result on central incisors and they tend to be in the 12mm range. I think it is case dependent. but using a thicker disc will get you an enamel shade plus a body shade. If you use the full depth of the disc you will also get a cervical shade. The discs are 5 layers, 3 shades plus 2 blended zones. Hope this helps.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Sintering cycles for Zolid Zolid FX and Zolid FX multi. Please note, all these materials can be fired in the same tray same cycle.

Speed cycle: This has been tested in the Dekema 664 & 674 only
Room temp to 900 at 60 degrees per min.
900 - 1350 at 12 degrees per min.
1350 - 1450 at 15 degrees per min.
Hold at 1450 for 65 minutes
Unregulated cool to 990 with door closed.
990 open furnace
This program is for single units only. max capacity for the Dekema 664 is 12 units, 674 is 15 units with open tray.
Time for program, about 2 hours in the 664 and 2:45 in the 674

Standard Program:
room p 1450 at 8 degrees per min.
Hold for 2 hours
Natural cool with furnace closed to 200
200 open furnace.

Long program: This is for large cases with sintering block
Room temp to 900 at 8 degrees per min.
hold at 900 for 30 minutes
900-1450 at 8 degrees per min.
hold for 2 hours
Natural cool to 200
200 open furnace

Bob, When you mention " natural cool with furnace closed to 200 " what do you mean ? How many degrees a minute cooling does this refer to ? I'm trying to figure out how to program a Programmat s1 1600. Thanks

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Natural cool is when the furnace just cools with zero added heat through the cooling cycle to slow the cool rate. It's is as though you turned the furnace off and left the door closed.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Bob, When you mention " natural cool with furnace closed to 200 " what do you mean ? How many degrees a minute cooling does this refer to ? I'm trying to figure out how to program a Programmat s1 1600. Thanks

With the S1 furnaces, setting the max rate of cooling (50C/90F) is equal to a natural cool. The furnace head will remain closed and the heating elements will remain off.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Thank you Patrick. I found out the other day that just letting it cool on its own takes foooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeevvvvvvvvveeeeerrrrrrr.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Thank you Patrick. I found out the other day that just letting it cool on its own takes foooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeevvvvvvvvveeeeerrrrrrr.

Yes, it is definitely well insulated!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

It's just a matter of getting to know your oven and what and when to sinter.

85% of my sinters are single units @4 hour 35mn - 4hr 50mn. When it (S1 1600) especially hits about the 17 to 15 minute mark in cooling down
it takes about 10 - 15 minutes to drop down a degree or two. Once it hits about the 12 minute mark it seems to clock
down more normally. I just realize that if I'm going to be sintering that morning for afternoon deliveries, they need to be
in the oven by 9:00. If it's the longer 9hr 30mn - 10hr programs they need to be done overnight, then it doesn't matter how slow it cools.

user name

user name

Reaction score
It's just a matter of getting to know your oven and what and when to sinter.

85% of my sinters are single units @4 hour 35mn - 4hr 50mn. When it (S1 1600) especially hits about the 17 to 15 minute mark in cooling down
it takes about 10 - 15 minutes to drop down a degree or two. Once it hits about the 12 minute mark it seems to clock
down more normally. I just realize that if I'm going to be sintering that morning for afternoon deliveries, they need to be
in the oven by 9:00. If it's the longer 9hr 30mn - 10hr programs they need to be done overnight, then it doesn't matter how slow it cools.
Dude...if youre sintering in the morning for afternoon deliveries, you need to do some rescheduling. Are you trying to provide 24 hour stuff?? ALL my Drs are 2 weeks. What if theyre issues? an element goes out? maybe you slightly missed a margin and need to redesign/mill?

That sounds crazy.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Dude...if youre sintering in the morning for afternoon deliveries, you need to do some rescheduling. Are you trying to provide 24 hour stuff?? ALL my Drs are 2 weeks. What if theyre issues? an element goes out? maybe you slightly missed a margin and need to redesign/mill?

That sounds crazy.

They're units that are scheduled for the following day. I'm at 2 weeks, I'm just not a couple days ahead. That's why I've backed off the forum this week
to try to get ahead more. Thanks for the thoughtful concern :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
They're units that are scheduled for the following day. I'm at 2 weeks, I'm just not a couple days ahead. That's why I've backed off the forum this week
to try to get ahead more. Thanks for the thoughtful concern :)
We all get in a bind sometimes. Ive hit the panic button trying to figure out how to get the sinter oven to open quicker a couple times. I feel your pain

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
A year ago I changed my workflow . Even on cases that are 'two weeks out' most of the model work is done before I leave for the night. The next morning scan the whole batch ,then design . Do the milling through the day and sinter over night . It goes on the shelf in the sintered state two days later ,then I just pull off batches to adjust and glaze. I found I have a lot less stress now. If I do fall behind I catch up on the weekend .

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
A year ago I changed my workflow . Even on cases that are 'two weeks out' most of the model work is done before I leave for the night. The next morning scan the whole batch ,then design . Do the milling through the day and sinter over night . It goes on the shelf in the sintered state two days later ,then I just pull off batches to adjust and glaze. I found I have a lot less stress now. If I do fall behind I catch up on the weekend .

I like it. Right now I tend to get the weeks model work done, then do daily units. If I can get ahead more, I like the idea of grouping them
as much as I can, at least shoot for doing 3 days worth at a time would be a start for me. It would also save on sinter oven element life,
in doing less sinters in a week, let alone less stress.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I used to be in the race to do a bit of everything each day, but the wise @Al. explained grouping a few years ago and Ive followed that plan ever since.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I like it. Right now I tend to get the weeks model work done, then do daily units. If I can get ahead more, I like the idea of grouping them
as much as I can, at least shoot for doing 3 days worth at a time would be a start for me. It would also save on sinter oven element life,
in doing less sinters in a week, let alone less stress.
Ha Ha , I feel you on the heating elements . Sometimes I think to myself why am I only sintering 4 units , "what a waste !"

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I used to be in the race to do a bit of everything each day, but the wise @Al. explained grouping a few years ago and Ive followed that plan ever since.
Over thirty years I've tried many different ways of doing things
I agree with you . I used to group the stl shades up on my desk top and do large batches . I think it's an OCD thing with me ,,,,,having everything completed and getting a jump on things ,,,,,,Hell, i'm the only person I know who runs a huge credit with the 'electric Co' because i'm trying to get a jump on that too , I'm pretty sure i'm ill , lol :D

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Over thirty years I've tried many different ways of doing things

I agree with you . I used to group the stl shades up on my desk top and do large batches . I think it's an OCD thing with me ,,,,,having everything completed and getting a jump on things ,,,,,,Hell, i'm the only person I know who runs a huge credit with the 'electric Co' because i'm trying to get a jump on that too , I'm pretty sure i'm ill , lol :D
All sounds familiar here but we all need to add in the extra cycles for fine tuning newer breeds of zirconia which seems relentlessly often [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom