Ceramill Zolid fx Multilayer

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Bought the Zolid Fx starter kit .....Four Discs A light ,A dark,B light ,B dark .(plus a lab & chairside polishing kit) Zolid teeth 006.JPG Zolid teeth 028.JPG Zolid teeth 020.JPG Tried it on a case today and am pleased with the results . No greying like iv'e found with other High Trans zirc I use.I was going for an A1.5 so i used the 'A light disc' and used a little Ivocolor to bump up the chroma and the blue /grey Ivocolor to take down the value @ the incisal ( there is a lot of incisal in these 16mm discs, I guess you could drop it down in the puck if you wanted less ,I kinda like it though). I sintered with no coloring at all . In a few months they will release the other shades iv'e heard.

C

Cylux

Reaction score
Bought the Zolid Fx starter kit .....Four Discs A light ,A dark,B light ,B dark .(plus a lab & chairside polishing kit) View attachment 21505 View attachment 21506 View attachment 21507 Tried it on a case today and am pleased with the results . No greying like iv'e found with other High Trans zirc I use.I was going for an A1.5 so i used the 'A light disc' and used a little Ivocolor to bump up the chroma and the blue /grey Ivocolor to take down the value @ the incisal ( there is a lot of incisal in these 16mm discs, I guess you could drop it down in the puck if you wanted less ,I kinda like it though). I sintered with no coloring at all . In a few months they will release the other shades iv'e heard.
looks great, think i should give it a try.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
looks great, think i should give it a try.
I have been really happy with it . Here is a little tip if you get it .( Something I screwed up on ) . It didn't list the shrinkage rate anywhere so I found an 'S' % number on the disc and let it automatically convert in my Wieland software . I thought it looked a little low , well it was because when I sintered they all came out just a little too small . This wasted four spots on my disc :( .Well when I talked to CAP the next day ,they told me I should have used the 'V' % number remove the decimal point and put a 'one point' in front ....Silly me why didn't I think of that :( ......"what the !!!!!!!" . Anyway, It is a beautiful material .

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
The Polishing kit that comes with it ,kinda nice :) pio 002.JPG

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I bought the starter kit from from CAP ,It was $399 which included x4 16mm ( A light & dark + B light & dark )discs and the polish kits .

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Bought the Zolid Fx starter kit .....Four Discs A light ,A dark,B light ,B dark .(plus a lab & chairside polishing kit) View attachment 21505 View attachment 21506 View attachment 21507 Tried it on a case today and am pleased with the results . No greying like iv'e found with other High Trans zirc I use.I was going for an A1.5 so i used the 'A light disc' and used a little Ivocolor to bump up the chroma and the blue /grey Ivocolor to take down the value @ the incisal ( there is a lot of incisal in these 16mm discs, I guess you could drop it down in the puck if you wanted less ,I kinda like it though). I sintered with no coloring at all . In a few months they will release the other shades iv'e heard.
So is this result from milling-sintering-polishing ONLY?! Looks really really good

So this has 600mpa strength....right.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
So is this result from milling-sintering-polishing ONLY?! Looks really really good

So this has 600mpa strength....right.
The crowns were sintered 'green state white' & like I mentioned the smallest amount of Ivocolor surface stain followed by Jensen Insync glaze . Around 600 mpa .......I'm trying to get away from using cubeX because of the colouring. I wish the C & D shades were available though :(

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
The crowns were sintered 'green state white' & like I mentioned the smallest amount of Ivocolor surface stain followed by Jensen Insync glaze . Around 600 mpa .......I'm trying to get away from using cubeX because of the colouring. I wish the C & D shades were available though

So

This is the work flow

Mill----Ivoclar surface stain in the green state(like ZZ coloring)----sintering-----stain/glaze

Sorry don't have much knowledge about these new products

We have been using Multifz from cap

Mill---- polishing in the green state-----Sinter-----Polish with Robinson brush diamond paste

I wish there were all 16 shades in Multifz but it not great for front.

Looking for 600mpa anterior zirconia needing no color or stain, just polish

I wish I could make zirconia as good as your pictures

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
No colouring in the green state . All I use are the new Ivocolor paste stains after sintering . I too was using Multi fz but switched over to Katana ML because they had a lot more colours available . Thanks they do look nice ,huh , I really did nothing to them other than a little surface texture in the green state & a little polishing before glaze .Hope this helps . I have a bunch of B1 shade i'm milling out today ,I will try to get some more pics of those .

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
The crowns were sintered 'green state white' & like I mentioned the smallest amount of Ivocolor surface stain followed by Jensen Insync glaze . Around 600 mpa .......I'm trying to get away from using cubeX because of the colouring. I wish the C & D shades were available though :(
So

This is the work flow

Mill----Ivoclar surface stain in the green state(like ZZ coloring)----sintering-----stain/glaze

Sorry don't have much knowledge about these new products

We have been using Multifz from cap

Mill---- polishing in the green state-----Sinter-----Polish with Robinson brush diamond paste

I wish there were all 16 shades in Multifz but it not great for front.

Looking for 600mpa anterior zirconia needing no color or stain, just polish

I wish I could make zirconia as good as your pictures

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
No colouring in the green state . All I use are the new Ivocolor paste stains after sintering . I too was using Multi fz but switched over to Katana ML because they had a lot more colours available . Thanks they do look nice ,huh , I really did nothing to them other than a little surface texture in the green state & a little polishing before glaze .Hope this helps . I have a bunch of B1 shade i'm milling out today ,I will try to get some more pics of those .
May be u can shade some light on this

I used to sinter my Multifz in Ivoclar sintering oven and it was ok but bigger cases would get cracks during pink porcelain bake cycle.

So I got Sintra oven from cap and now 201 disc (B1) is coming out like A1 or A2. What the heck. It has caused a devastation in the lab and when I air abrade, it gets lighter.

Last edited:
Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score

I used to sinter my Multifz in Ivoclar sintering oven and it was ok but bigger cases would get cracks during pink porcelain bake cycle.

So I got Sintra oven from cap and now 201 disc (B1) is coming out like A1 or A2. What the heck. It has caused a devastation in the lab and when I air abrade, it gets lighter.
I would start a new thread regarding that ...... There are plenty of people on here that know a great deal more than me on that topic Hmmmm2

R

Ramon Flores

Reaction score
Multilayer material blank.PNG
Hi Getothatchopper, users of our software are able to nest a crown depending on how much chroma they want to "add" to a crown. This process is done in the nesting phase, if you do not have our software, you simply place the crown towards the bottom of the blank, to give your crown more chroma, you can see in the picture how our users nest. Amanngirrbach will release the additional shades in the near future, when this happens, we will update you on our sponsor page, you will also get an update from CAP at the appropriate time. Nice pics, thanks

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score

I would give CAP a call, their customer service is excellent and will be able to help troubleshoot almost any situation

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Beautiful !!!!! Did Lucas do those ? I watched one of your videos where lucas was texturing in the green state with a carbide ,now I do that all the time ( I love his work ) Any idea when the other shades coming out ? Thanks for sharing those photos Bob :)
Yes, Lucas did the case.
Other shades due this summer.

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
98mm with step available? starter kit is 399, how about individual discs?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
98mm with step available? starter kit is 399, how about individual discs?
Depends on volume. I would rather not put pricing in DLN as I think this site is more about education. Feel free to call one of CSM"s today and they will provide all the info.
877-977-7889
That said, I ask, what is it worth to simply change a disc and obtain significantly superior result? I think the disc cost is quite reasonable, may cost a little more or possibly less than what you are using now. Divide the difference in disc cost by 20 and it's likely less than a $2 swing per unit.

Top Bottom