Casting whit acetylene

A

Angel83

Reaction score
Hi to all colleagues on this forum. I am new member on this forum and i whant to ask if any one melting metal whit acetylene? I use oxygen and acetylene and I have problem with casting. Sorry for my bad english.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I second what 2thmaker said.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Hi to all colleagues on this forum. I am new member on this forum and i whant to ask if any one melting metal whit acetylene? I use oxygen and acetylene and I have problem with casting. Sorry for my bad english.

Acetylene does not burn clean but has high torch temp. If you need high torch temp use Hydrogen instead.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Acetylene is a dangerous gas to have around too. Too much flow and that stuff will ignite itself.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Way too dirty. Propane and oxygen all the way. I have never had an alloy in over 35 years I couldn't cast with this combination.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
A note about hydrogen if you choose to use it because of the heat factor. While it burns very hot and clean, do not ever point the tip of the torch near anyone or anything other than your work as the tip tends to shoot off like a rocket and implant itself into the wall, ask me how I know :) Natural gas and oxygen is the cleanest out of the gasses.