Casting metal to titanium abutment

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
its a zirconia over a titanium
definitely no bonding on the 2 material
i vibrate some porcelain on it did bake it and it doesnt move anymore but i warned her that it will happen again that it will wiggle because there is no bonding between zirconia and titanium metal
i did ask the dentist that we make a new one but i got the do your best routine :)

It's a zirconia abutment cemented to a titanium base. You could have repaired it by placing it in your porcelain furnace at idle temp, maybe at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, that would soften the old cement so that you could pull the two pieces apart. Then you'd need to clean up the old cement and re-cement it.
That's still the right way to do it but I'm not sure how firing porcelain to it may have changed the equation.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
why dont you take the zr part off the titanium base , and rebond them with anyone of the cements out there designed for exactly this
purpose?
because they probably dont want to take the stock abut out of the mouth. that would involve unscrewing. that means get another 50 dollar screw. gasp the horror. we can't do it !

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
because they probably dont want to take the stock abut out of the mouth. that would involve unscrewing. that means get another 50 dollar screw. gasp the horror. we can't do it !
It is out of the mouth, he posted a picture of it. I'd wager that they re-use the screw.....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It is out of the mouth, he posted a picture of it. I'd wager that they re-use the screw.....
just agree with the robot and step away.
we don't want him to blow a resistor do we?

image.php

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
haha I was actually planning to cast chrome cobalt into titanium base abutments even knowing that the oxides will prevent from bonding. I was thinking by creating enough undercuts on titanium abutments it will help metals to flow into those undercuts and grab on to the abutments.

F

Fernan

Reaction score
this wasnt a question on what to do with the case i have im asking what difference is there between a casted gold/np to a titanium metal compared to this

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
this wasnt a question on what to do with the case i have im asking what difference is there between a casted gold/np to a titanium metal compared to this
You can ask whatever you want but we make up our own questions to answer, it's a bit of a surprise that we're talking about implant abutments at all this far along in a thread....

corona

corona

Reaction score
i just got this case in that might ....might be along the lines of this topic . This is a 2nd redo attempt from another lab , clinician sent it to me to salvage . Rx is a FC screwretained cemented to a ti base which is what i got and you see here in the pic . My concerns are the intaglio surface of the "ti base " looking oxidized, telling me the former lab cast to it or for some reason had to put it in the oven after cementing the FCZ to it . The intaglio surface lateral walls dont look machined and it almost looks like the center machined Ti component has had the lateral walls waxed and then cast ? Probably not ...just that dirty oxide look on the intaglio just throws me off . I wont know until i send it up in the oven to separate the zi from the ti . Doctor wants me to see if there is anyway to salvage the existing components to reuse again . Ive already told the clinician i might have to order a new ti base if things couldnt be salvaged . What can you guys gleem from the photo ?? The rx says its a straumann .... and really think it is ... just another set of experienced eyes and minds would be appreciated .

Attachments

• P6302357.jpg
    P6302357.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 14
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'd just make a new crown from scratch...god knows what went into that crown...:confused:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'd just make a new crown from scratch...god knows what went into that crown...:confused:

Agree, with something you could now "warranty", as compared to whatever happened with that one.

Top Bottom