Case Presentation

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Here is what happened. 4th try. Made 2 emax and 2 powder on foil techniques. Allceramic VM13 made on foil was the winner. Used opaque to block metal area of prep.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks rkm. Photo cred to the doc, we work together though the mail.

Wow Mike,

I am really impressed with shade matching by email.
I know the doc needs to take great macros but could you provide us with any tips from your end that makes this possible?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Wow Mike,

I am really impressed with shade matching by email.
I know the doc needs to take great macros but could you provide us with any tips from your end that makes this possible?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

I use iPhoto on Mac. I like sepia better than black and white to help me see value, trans, character the best with tab pics. Its been alot of learning and time to see and understand teeth and materials to grow and deliver results like this. Photography has been my greatest teacher. Otherwise my approach for tooth match cases is to charge and work according to the difficulty, I can't do this well no matter how good the pics , if I personally see the patient, use of exotic gadgets, unless I have the oppurtunity for extra attempts. My fee is triple my single fee for a case like this. My observation and experience is that even the most skilled don't expect a first try to be the one that works.
I think the important thing is that a tech needs the oppurtunity in order to do well in an impossible situation. I'm thankful when I get to work this way.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
I use iPhoto on Mac. I like sepia better than black and white to help me see value, trans, character the best with tab pics. Its been alot of learning and time to see and understand teeth and materials to grow and deliver results like this. Photography has been my greatest teacher. Otherwise my approach for tooth match cases is to charge and work according to the difficulty, I can't do this well no matter how good the pics , if I personally see the patient, use of exotic gadgets, unless I have the oppurtunity for extra attempts. My fee is triple my single fee for a case like this. My observation and experience is that even the most skilled don't expect a first try to be the one that works.
I think the important thing is that a tech needs the oppurtunity in order to do well in an impossible situation. I'm thankful when I get to work this way.

It's great to work with this type of dentist.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Cbite, I bet there are many more docs who don't even realize that they can work at this level.

Let's take Mikes inspiration and each bring one new doc on board next year.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Cbite, I bet there are many more docs who don't even realize that they can work at this level.

Let's take Mikes inspiration and each bring one new doc on board next year.

Hey rkm. I would be inspired if you did. Thanks! I know that learning and time for "how" seems like a poor answer, but its true. I most likely will never produce that exact tooth again with the same use of powders, as has been my experience. So to say i used this or that is much less important than that I began with my best try and made corrections from using the photos from try-in. One instructor at a course said it best for me with " how do you match a central?..... You do what you have to!" Good luck!

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
I did 2 sets of 2. The one used had better color and effects, not the one shown in bisque. However lacked some of the micro detail in the surface. Pics don't really show the dark show through in the tissue of the implant. This was a replacement for a 20yr old crown that had loosened and no longer matched.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Thought I'd show unseen pics from same case. New shade shot from first try 1M2. Also, crown shown earlier in bisque as tried in glazed that was lacking.

image.jpg image.jpg