Carbon Printer for digital models?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
With all the $ and Time we've spent dealing with troubleshooting and service on our 3D systems printers. 50k /year for complete service and ease of use is well worth it.
confused by your wording here, do you mean a 50k$ 3dsystems printer is worth it? or paying 50k per year for a carbon3d printer is worth it?

because neither of those statements is something i can agree with. 3dsystems are the worst. narrowly beating out carbon3d because at the end of paying for the equipment lease through carbon3d you still DONT OWN IT and they take it back.

C

chooch0918

Reaction score
Apologies.
50k for a carbon 3 year lease is worth it.
All troubleshooting, servicing, replacement parts are included. (perhaps time will fully tell, if it's worth it)

3D systems have been a constant let down with service needs and wasted times with Technicians spending their days working on a 3d printer. CADBLU has been a really disappointing company to work with and the fact we can't go STRAIGHT to 3D for issues is frustrating.

When it comes to LEASING these machines on a subscription bases it seems pretty bizarre but at the same time with how fast technology moves do we really want to hang on to 3D printers after 4 or more years? I think we've had 2 of our 3510's for 3 years and we've nearly replaced every part on the machine and the resale value of the machine is rather worthless. IT almost makes more sense to hang onto the machine and use it for spare parts.

ALSO
The company as of now is 200 or so employees. It's nice to have DIRECT contact w/ the engineers and the inspired employees who are working alongside the dental side.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
when you buy an Ultrasonic10 or 20, and pay 200k, you get to keep it. its quality is undiminished with the frequency of use.

when you buy an IMES 350i its so big it needs its own room.

it doesnt make sense to NOT own your equipment after paying for it. if i were to lease a carbon printer, i'd only pay 10k a year max. no way im dropping that much cash for something they will take away from me if its my production machine, let alone pay them another fat wad to lease it all over again.

J

Justin Wright

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone out there has used the Carbon3d printer for making digital models and what their thought are on it's accuracy, reliability, etc.? Desperately looking for a viable alternative to our 3D systems printers as I would love to have a life again!
Cheers!

We have been using the M1 for several months now and we love it. Even with the expensive lease, ROI is better than our Envisiontec machine because the material is dirt cheap and all parts/repairs are covered with the lease. Their support is excellent, the parts are accurate, and post processing is easy.