Captek cases

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Thought I'd share some Captek cases that are being done out there :)

Here is a case that was recently done by a world class clinician, Dr. Mike Melkers, and very super talented technician, Al Hodges. Upper anterior (8&9)Captek case. Dr. Melkers did a great job with margin design and placement, etc and Al did a phenomenal job with the ceramic work, great vitality, etc. The clinical photo is immediate post cementation.
centrals 2.jpg centrals 5.jpg centrals 4.jpg centrals 7.jpg immediate post cementation (Medium).JPG

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Here is another case. Captek frames were done by Tiffany Scienski and porcelain work was done by Joshua Fitzgerald CDT (ceramco 3 porcelain was used).
anterior (1).jpg anterior (2).jpg

A

AaronR

Reaction score
another great case done recently by Dr. Melkers and Al Hodges. 3 Captek singles, one over a custom implant abutment (cast in high Pd low Au alloy). Dr. Melkers wanted a gold band made of Captek material on the implant abutment for optimal tissue health. great work again by Dr. Melkers and Al!
abutment 2.jpg dies and implant.jpg finished 3.jpg finished 2.jpg finished 4.jpg

zvac

zvac

Reaction score
Very nice work. Any concerns about porcelain support past the cuspids?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hi Aaron,
I got the frames from Chris Fri.
Wow beautiful, he gave me some really nice support for porc.
I'll have the case finished and out by Mon.
I'll post pics of the frames and the case.
You might want move this thread over to Case Presentations?

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Al, that is GREAT!!! happy to hear that you received the frames from Chris! yes, please post pics of the frames and the case in the thread "Case Presentations". let me know when you post them so i can add pictures of other Captek cases as well :)

(I'm still new to the DLN and will gladly accept any insights, such as the different threads, etc). thank you Al!!!

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Zvac, with Captek the coping thickness is always uniform (dependant on which Captek material is used, we have three different Nano based materials, each with a different thickness / thinness ranging from .28mm to .20 mm). with that said, we can add support areas to the Captek copings where needed to properly support and protect the porcelain in those critical areas. Like Al stated above of a case he is working on where the copings had nice porcelain support added to the frames.

best,
Aaron

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Al, is it possible to move this entire thread to "Case Presentations" forum? if so, do you know how?

if not, then we can start a new Captek Case thread on the "Case Presentations" forum.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
These aren't anymore Captek cases as they are Inline cases.

Do you want to see a Bego case?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
These aren't anymore Captek cases as they are Inline cases.

Do you want to see a Bego case?

Hi Rick, first I dont have anything to do with Captek. Dr called me and wanted me to do some cases with him and wanted me to photodocument my end.

There is a big market for it with alot of perio focused Docs. I dont know the science behind it, I just know there is a demand with these Docs.

Your right it is a pfm but it is also different.

I think captek is a good esthetic option esp for discolored anteriors.

For masking, Emax H0 ingots are a pain and the copings have to be around .7 and I personally dont like Zir for esthetic anteriors. They seem the same as H0 ingots.
Really hard for me to knock down that high value esp at the gin 1/3.

Heres what I found. When I opaqued a coping with A4 opaque it was very hard to tell the difference in shade between the opaque and the coping. In other words it was hard to see the areas that needed another coat of opaque.
It is easy to mask.

That first case I took the frame down to .2 at the tip.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_38.jpg

I measured after I opaqued and it took .1 of opaque to mask the frame.
The crowns ended up being over all between 1.1 and 1.2 mm thick on the facial.

This was the first try.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_mlk11.jpg

The other thing different is the inside. It casts a nice color through the root.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_100.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_101.jpg

Ive been impressed so far.

As far as support. The captek I remember back 15+ years ago was like foil. I did not like it.
But this Nano stuff that Chris at Captek/Argen sent me is different and strong.

The case I have to layer this week is a posterior bridge 29-31 and 14 and 15.
The frames are awesome. Ill post pics of the frames and the case. Beautiful support and 360 degree metal margins.
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_38.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_mlk11.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_100.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_101.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I have nothing against Captek,the crowns look great.It's just an odd way to describe a crown .

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score

I measured after I opaqued and it took .1 of opaque to mask the frame.

Just a suggestion Al, next time remove the nail polish before the pic or people :)are gonna start to talk.....

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Just a suggestion Al, next time remove the nail polish before the pic or people :)are gonna start to talk.....

Yep! I knew it. I forgot to make a disclaimer.
That's my wife's hands. I chew my nails to the quick.

zvac

zvac

Reaction score
In the past I used Argen's GoldTech Bio 2000 for these type of cases. Cast singles and single pontic bridges. 99.7 % gold. Amazing stuff, just like Captek is amazing.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Moved to current forum.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Aaron I got some good pics of these frames but they are sooo sweet I wanted to put them in some sexy poses while they are still necked, as we say in the south. Naked to you yankees.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_cp1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_cp1.jpg

A

AaronR

Reaction score
WOW!!! amazing Captek frames! can't wait to see them stacked with your world class porcelain ceramics Al. and i hope to see some clinical pics from Dr. M...... :)

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"and I personally dont like Zir for esthetic anteriors. They seem the same as H0 ingots."

Theres so many different translucencies of zirconia around now, you might wanna revisit that at some point Al.

The brand i use now sits between the HO and MO's, its a nice middle ground, if i need slightly more masking than an MO.

Slightly off topic but i must get me some of those calipers, theyve always looked much more accurate than the ones im using now. With everyone wanting thinnner and thinner veneers i need the accuracy.

Last edited: