CAP sum3D, not very smart

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
  • IMG_2530.JPG IMG_2531.JPG IMG_2532.JPG IMG_2533.JPG Tool breaks 50 % of the time in the imes 450i and it's useless to talk to CAP. It's like talking to a wall.
The orange caused the tool to break. The strategy from cap in sum 3D does not remove this material, and lets it stay there resulting in tool breakages.

Buying imes from CAP has been full of pains. They don't have a person who knows this stuff.

We are finding all the reasons of our problem after we came in contact with a different company ( 3D bioCAD) , who have been solving these deep strategy tool path problems.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Nice tool chatter you got ...:eek:

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
In my experience, CAP is the only company that could offer proper technical support with real results. Maybe uncle hank has changed that, but they have (had) some seriously smart CAM people there....

@Sam-CAP ?

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Lot of times when the tool breaks, we let it go as bad luck, or over over usage etc etc. I feel it's to do with proper strategies and tool movement templates.

I thought it was very informational, as an example of a very clear cause of tool fracture, for which the writer of the strategy was new or not very smart.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We certainly have some blame to take on this and for that we are sorry. To answer @RCKSTR our team has remained the same and actually grown since Uncle Hank came onto the scene. For Sam @prestige.dental specifically, things have not gone smoothly I must admit. Honestly, prior to the sale of this equipment (over two years ago) we recommended he not purchase it. From the start there never was a CDT on staff or talented digital technician, we pretty much trained and supported someone (from Boston to CA) on his staff to become one. We have always done our best and again some mistakes have been made. Our support team has even gone so far as to design his complex cases and nest (at no charge) for them when staffing wasn’t able to, I’ve personally seen Alex in our support team work long hours into the night to help. We pulled a report and in the past two years Sam (prestige.dental) and his team have used our support team for over 1,300 calls and 210 hours. I’d like to give my support team the recognition they deserve, they are the best in the industry as so many of you know. I hope this provides a bit of context.

Thank you!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that does provide some context sam, but can you walk us through the sum3d milling strategy in a few paragraphs?

i.e. rastering side a / side b then roughing side b / a then finishing side a / b supermargin, then finishing submargin b / a, ending in a cutoff

is that more or less the approach?

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
that does provide some context sam, but can you walk us through the sum3d milling strategy in a few paragraphs?

i.e. rastering side a / side b then roughing side b / a then finishing side a / b supermargin, then finishing submargin b / a, ending in a cutoff

is that more or less the approach?

I'm not a Sum3D expert but it sounds like the finishing tool doesn't know the excess material is in the way, it's a bug. We are looking into a similar bug with another customer that might give us a clue, it might be Sum3D version or strategy change that might fix this specific problem. We should have a patch or update out to Sam today.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
We are all human, we learn by making mistakes. It will all work out.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
wait a minute, did you guys sort out the implant holder indexing issue that the dude from uhm, Alabama i think, showed?

let me see if i can dig it up

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We certainly have some blame to take on this and for that we are sorry. To answer @RCKSTR our team has remained the same and actually grown since Uncle Hank came onto the scene. For Sam @prestige.dental specifically, things have not gone smoothly I must admit. Honestly, prior to the sale of this equipment (over two years ago) we recommended he not purchase it. From the start there never was a CDT on staff or talented digital technician, we pretty much trained and supported someone (from Boston to CA) on his staff to become one. We have always done our best and again some mistakes have been made. Our support team has even gone so far as to design his complex cases and nest (at no charge) for them when staffing wasn’t able to, I’ve personally seen Alex in our support team work long hours into the night to help. We pulled a report and in the past two years Sam (prestige.dental) and his team have used our support team for over 1,300 calls and 210 hours. I’d like to give my support team the recognition they deserve, they are the best in the industry as so many of you know. I hope this provides a bit of context.

Thank you!
What strikes me as really sad is that you chose to publicly humiliate one of your customers.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
What strikes me as really sad is that you chose to publicly humiliate one of your customers.

I don't see this as humiliation, I see it as education and proving the point that you can help someone until you are well upside down on your support costs, and they still don't get it. To properly operate these machines a CAM expert is necessary, not optional

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score

I felt really hurt by Sams comments, we really have put a TON of work and effort into his business. I don't know what else to say.

Top Bottom