Can Exocad export one piece implant abutment?

X

xjhou

Reaction score
Anybody can help? Can Exocad export one piece implant abutment? I am a bird, know nothing about it, waiting for help

X

xjhou

Reaction score
I know ZFX can do it, 3shape can not, Smartoptics not sure???? am I right????

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Of course 3Shape can output 1piece abutments, it all depends on how the implant library was/is set up and who it's outputting to.

X

xjhou

Reaction score
I think 3shape are able to output 1pcs abutment, but this will affect business of abutment brand name company , so 3shape will not do customized abutment

D

Dejvis

Reaction score
Yes, Exocad can, but only with Zfx library. In Exocad software are integrated Zfx, nt-trading, medentika implant library

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Of course 3Shape can output 1piece abutments, it all depends on how the implant library was/is set up and who it's outputting to.

Can you explain this. Go ahead and get more specific.

I wanna see a 3Shape one piece abutment file.

Cough it up. :)

There is a Glidwell system, but the interface is pre-made before milling in Titanium. The exported file does not contain that info (bottom of implant)

No?

Scott

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
The exported file does not contain that info (bottom of implant)

Scott

That would make it too easy for people like me!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score

I wanna see a 3Shape one piece abutment file.

Cough it up. :)

There is a Glidwell system, but the interface is pre-made before milling in Titanium. The exported file does not contain that info (bottom of implant)

No?

Scott

Talking of abutment files/milling I am sure that by now you are milling full abutments on your CUSTOMISED Everest including the hex, but are you able to do stuff like screw retained bridges without using a link???????????
If so I am on the next flight Lol

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yes, Exocad can, I'm working with B&D/Origin and they are doing my titanium 'one-piece' implant abutments right now. :) I believe it isn't so much about the software as it is the milling capabilities.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
no, it's the software and certian company's not sharing their hexes and tri-lobe CAD data.

It's copyrighted stuff, ya know. Very tricky subject! BIG Money to be made/lost.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Talking of abutment files/milling I am sure that by now you are milling full abutments on your CUSTOMISED Everest including the hex, but are you able to do stuff like screw retained bridges without using a link???????????
If so I am on the next flight Lol

We have everything but the software.

Been shopping this week. Looks like ExoCad in some version or another for Implants. Laserdenta is still on 32bit and I doubt they have the $$ to start from scratch, unless Mark Jackson opens his wallet to them? LOL

Maybe raw/open ExoCAD from CIMSystems? Maybe I'll become a dealer and a Solutionix scanner seller.

Let's do a Group Buy on this forum!! Everyone support eachother online with tech support. I'll have a spare scanner and computer for back-up?

We all get it at cost?!:D

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, Exocad can, I'm working with B&D/Origin and they are doing my titanium 'one-piece' implant abutments right now. :) I believe it isn't so much about the software as it is the milling capabilities.

I hope you are not paying more than $99. That's going to be my intro cost.:)

(psssst.....That much Titanium is worth almost $0.50! )

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I hope you are not paying more than $99. That's going to be my intro cost.:)

(psssst.....That much Titanium is worth almost $0.50! )
$125 and it's only for two manufacturers at this moment (Noble and Zimmer). However, a lot of knock-off companies (implant direct and Blue sky bio) use zimmer as there internal hex platform.

X

xjhou

Reaction score
can Dentcreate of Smartoptics output 1 pcs abutment?

cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
i have been playing with the libraries. the sofa files are stl that has been secured. So far I can import my own parts but can't quite get the overlap right. they talk of support meshes. is anyone familiar with this stuff? it all seems pretty straightforward, editing/creating the xml file, actually just exchanging names and stl with sdfa works but this positioning alignment is tripping me up.
Any tips most useful ....

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
i have been playing with the libraries. the sofa files are stl that has been secured. So far I can import my own parts but can't quite get the overlap right. they talk of support meshes. is anyone familiar with this stuff? it all seems pretty straightforward, editing/creating the xml file, actually just exchanging names and stl with sdfa works but this positioning alignment is tripping me up.
Any tips most useful ....

Any chance of a screen shot showing the alignment issue?

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Delcam DentCAD has every thing if you r ready to invest. Though direct milling of one piece abutment STL file is not recommended. Implant Library for both Cad and CAM are must. DentCAD and DentMILL makes a deadly combination for implant based restoration. Soon they will support all dental scanners on this earth.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I wondering about registering the meshes after the fact in exocad?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
If the damn Germans over a ELOS ever get back from vacation we will see whats possible with 3shape.

I know they have a library for sale for non Eng interfaces that will allow you to do bridges right to the fixture. What I do not know is if they have the Eng library. They are coming out with their own Ti bases / library as well I am looking for a package deal on all I will keep you informed.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i think you people are crazy.

after purchasing some of the core3d libraries, finding they were wonky, then settingup with abutment direct and medentika, and atlantis, we now have a system to scan models for implant, design an abutment and have the generated Model and Abutment file to be 1 file for each, ready to mill in any mill.

i simply changed the material setting in the control panel.

it was so terribly simple i can't see why it was ever an issue before for you people.