Can anyone recommend me some books on C&B/implants?

T

TripL3

Reaction score
Hey

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend me to some books regarding crown & bridge and implant work.

I have 2 years exp. in C&B but I never learned the proper reasoning behind the procedure and would like to enhance my knowledge on the subject as well as learn the precise techniques.

To be more specific, I am looking for books regarding:

1. Ditching die and margin trim
  2. Fabricating wax coping and bridges, post cores, maryland bridges
  3. Fabricating full wax crowns aid diagnostic wax-up
  4. Fabricating custom abutments
  5. Fabricating screw-retained implant denture bar
  6. Fabricating inlays/onlays
  7. Fabricating procera/3G/zirconia copings
  8. How to cast/process them such as connection technique for bridges, spruing, investing, burnout, casting/pressing, devesting, etc.
  9. Finishing techniques after they are casted/processed
  10. Soldering techniques
  11. Repair methods
  12. Preparation for (both stock and custom) implants for cement-retained crowns and screw-retained crowns
  13. The logic and science behind the techniques involved in the above procedures as well as tools that are often used during the process

Numbers 5, 6, and 7 aren't that important.

If anyone could help me to find books on these topics, it would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
U.S. Air Force Dental Laboratory Manuals Volume 1-3

user name

user name

Reaction score
Also...Quintessence Publishing. Esthetics in Implantology & Introduction to Metal-Ceramic Technology.

alireza

alireza

Reaction score
books

hi tripL3
there are many books in this field you should provide them.but i introduce some of them if you would not find them tell me to send them for you as ebook form.too i am writing blog in this field you can see my blog and tell me your idea about it.in future i put many book in this blog as free download.so you can register in this blog.
crown & briedge:contemporary of fixed prosthodontics:crown & bridge
implant:dental implant MISCH
my blog link is:
academy dent lab
waite your reply
best regard

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'll second the Air Force Manuals! Great all around information on
Dental Technology.

Also try:

Introduction to Metal Ceramic Technology by W. Patrick Naylor
Quintessence ISBN 0-86715-237-0

Implant Aesthetics by Luc and Patrick Rutten
Team Work Media ISBN 3-932599-06-3
Cheers

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Shillingburgs "Fundamentals of Fixed Prosthodontics", Quintessence ,
ISBN-13: 978-0867152012
ISBN-10: 086715201X

This covers a basic overview of everything, Gold, metalceramic, types of all ceramic, requirements and preparation, lab steps. Ranges on Amazon from $30-60.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hey

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend me to some books regarding crown & bridge and implant work.

I have 2 years exp. in C&B but I never learned the proper reasoning behind the procedure and would like to enhance my knowledge on the subject as well as learn the precise techniques.

To be more specific, I am looking for books regarding:

1. Ditching die and margin trim
  2. Fabricating wax coping and bridges, post cores, maryland bridges
  3. Fabricating full wax crowns aid diagnostic wax-up
  4. Fabricating custom abutments
  5. Fabricating screw-retained implant denture bar
  6. Fabricating inlays/onlays
  7. Fabricating procera/3G/zirconia copings
  8. How to cast/process them such as connection technique for bridges, spruing, investing, burnout, casting/pressing, devesting, etc.
  9. Finishing techniques after they are casted/processed
  10. Soldering techniques
  11. Repair methods
  12. Preparation for (both stock and custom) implants for cement-retained crowns and screw-retained crowns
  13. The logic and science behind the techniques involved in the above procedures as well as tools that are often used during the process

Numbers 5, 6, and 7 aren't that important.

If anyone could help me to find books on these topics, it would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

quintessence has EVERYTHING you could want/need & more! their books are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.
Quintessence Publishing

T

TripL3

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions.

TheLabGuy -- I googled the Air Force manuals but I can't seem to find them.. If it's not too much, could you assist me on where and how to purchase them?

Also, if anyone knows a basic implant tech book, and any CDT study guides, that would be greatly appreciated ^^

Thank you all.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have pdf copies of the air Force manuals. I can post them here tomorrow

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The Dentist
The Dentist II
Little Shop of Horrors

That's where I got my training.

a3.bp.blogspot.com__NP_b2LnwoxU_Sbk_Y3sogKI_AAAAAAAAAI0_rknMBG_IKzc_s320_dentist_horror.jpg
a3.bp.blogspot.com__NP_b2LnwoxU_Sbk_Y3sogKI_AAAAAAAAAI0_rknMBG_IKzc_s320_dentist_horror.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
thanks for the link!

Last edited:
G

gigglingnewt

Reaction score
schillenberg is a great base text (it does indeeed cover evrythin - especially the theory on clincal selection of certain bridge/abutment types) the earlier comment about quintessence is accurate - they are the predominant publisher when it comes to implantology and aesthetic dental provision. As soon as i can i'll give the air force manuals a browse...but in the meantime you could go to DENTAURUM - Dentale Technologien: Implantologie - Orthodontie - Zahntechnik they have two articles (Kopendium) with some very nice, well photographed walk throughs. One of a nice chrome taken from model prep through to polish of acrylic teeth in place, and the second of more interest to you of corwn and bridge construction - nothing revolutionary...but it's always good to see how different technicians wax/layer/grind things up.

A

amandasanchez

Reaction score
Hi Doug, would you be able to share the PDF copies of the Air Force Manual with me as well? I'd much appreciate it :)

my email is [email protected]

Last edited:
Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
For implants there is a very nice website that will help you on your journey. Just look under the laboratory heading
Go to Genieoss

R

rmahony

Reaction score
hi\would you be able to share the PDF copies of the Air Force Manual with me as well? thank you
robert mahony