Can a lab work with an intraoral scanner instead of an extra oral

A

a.osman

Reaction score
Hello guys first post on this forum long time follower . I am a dentist who has been working as a lab tech for the last two years emax press . My clinic is not doing great however the lab is doing much better. I have a limited budget and extraoral scanners here are not cheap like 18000€ while intraoral is 28000€ but the intraoral ones cost 28k or 29k. what are your thoughts

Kratos

Kratos

Reaction score
Almost 3 months and no reply .. you're gonna get one :D

What do you need it for? you don't mention having a mill, what is its use for you? you want to scan and send to labs?

You say your work is not doing great, even if you think of scanning & directly sending the files to labs, I do not find this as a good investment.

Some intraoral scanners are open-type and produce .stl files that can be sent to all the labs as long as they are open format.

Last edited:
cnhart@me.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hello guys first post on this forum long time follower . I am a dentist who has been working as a lab tech for the last two years emax press . My clinic is not doing great however the lab is doing much better. I have a limited budget and extraoral scanners here are not cheap like 18000€ while intraoral is 28000€ but the intraoral ones cost 28k or 29k. what are your thoughts

I'm a Prosthodontist. We use a caresteam 3500 for our dies and an old maestro for our base models and artics.

Intraoral are fast at scanning and are very very much better on plaster.

My maestro is 8 years old and I do bars on it with no issues.

A

a.osman

Reaction score
thanks guys for the reply much appreciated well here the scanners ,mills etc are more expensive than the USA.Worse service except for roland so with the money i have i can only buy one thing... plus a press crown roughly translates into 35 $ for a lab unfortunately everyone here is talking cerec and this is really ruining the dental clinic market so this where the trios kicks in but unfortunately from what i understand going modeless is can be frustrating in terms of seating and cost .So thinking of trios + outsourcing cadwax(2.5$/unit)then press +printing hollow models for seating

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
I am still puzzled why you work as a lab tech...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
who are you speaking to/about ?

edit: oh i rered the thread, the top post is a clinician working as lab tech. my fault.

Last edited:
S

skidoc

Reaction score
everyone thinks the other side has it better. not always th case i guess

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i really dont think the original thread starter is telling us everything i think that they are hoping that we will feel sorry for them and help them a bit more than we normally would when a dentist starts to ask about ways of cutting us out. you are not going to get any help from this cold dead inside heartless old tech.unless of course you give me rainbows

A

a.osman

Reaction score
no i am not cutting anybody out .. i still send zirconium,pfm and implant work out after a huge market research i have reached the final result . Manual wax and press for meanything else than that would prove disastrous on my bank account

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no i am not cutting anybody out .. i still send zirconium,pfm and implant work out after a huge market research i have reached the final result . Manual wax and press for meanything else than that would prove disastrous on my bank account
what if i told you that banging rocks together to make teeth is not the mark of an advanced tech philosophy.

Top Bottom