Calcitek Spline

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Good morning y'all

Client of mine is asking me is somebody offers a Cad/Cam solution for the Spline platform? Zimmer still sells UCLA abutments, but doesn't offer Cad/Cam.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
they also have stock abutments.
short of going to Panthera (which im sure can make a turd into a rose),i am unaware of anyone able to do cad/cam abutments on spline. i have one i am working on currently. real pain in the backside!!!

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
they also have stock abutments.
short of going to Panthera (which im sure can make a turd into a rose),i am unaware of anyone able to do cad/cam abutments on spline. i have one i am working on currently. real pain in the backside!!!

Thanks for the lead with Panthera! Doc wants a gemini abutment, that is why he asks for the Cad/cam option. I guess there is a reason this implant line is no longer available...;)

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
Try also trucrown.com and see if they have it and maybe cagenix (which is for bars but maybe they can provide u some solution)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks for the lead with Panthera! Doc wants a gemini abutment, that is why he asks for the Cad/cam option. I guess there is a reason this implant line is no longer available...;)
Pardon my ignorance: Gemini abutment?
LCM

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance: Gemini abutment?
LCM

It is a term used, I think mainly by Atlantis, when ordering two sets of the same abutments. One that stays at the lab and the other is delivered with a provisional, for example. That way you can keep on working on a case without the dentist having to insert and retrieve the posts. Hope this helps...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
It is a term used, I think mainly by Atlantis, when ordering two sets of the same abutments. One that stays at the lab and the other is delivered with a provisional, for example. That way you can keep on working on a case without the dentist having to insert and retrieve the posts. Hope this helps...
what did you end up finding out?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
what did you end up finding out?

Not much... I got quite busy, too. One idea is to scan the fabricated custom cast abutment and the model in and get a printed model. I then fabricate the restoration digitally and finish it on the printed model. I still have to explore the suggestions Keith Goldstein (above) brought up. I also contacted Panthera but never got a responded.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Try also trucrown.com and see if they have it and maybe cagenix (which is for bars but maybe they can provide u some solution)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thank you, Keith. I only just now saw your response. I will explore your suggestions.

Michael

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Ah, now that makes sense. Another way for Atlantis to increase production.
I would not be surprised if more modifications were made on the one in the lab after the other was
placed with provisional . . . and no longer Gemini
LCM

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Ah, now that makes sense. Another way for Atlantis to increase production.
I would not be surprised if more modifications were made on the one in the lab after the other was
placed with provisional . . . and no longer Gemini
LCM

Hahaha, I am sure this happens...

However, under normal circumstances you deliver the Gemini abutments with the final case on the master model. Also, they are about the same price, like the originals. No real cost saver...

B

biotecdentallab

Reaction score
Came across this system this week as well. UCLA with castable is the only way to go with this system. They stopped manufacturing parts since '94.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Came across this system this week as well. UCLA with castable is the only way to go with this system. They stopped manufacturing parts since '94.

At least we have that option!

B

biotecdentallab

Reaction score
At least we have that option!
That is true. However their UCLA does not come with a waxing sleeve. You have to order the guidepin separately to wax it up.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
That is true. However their UCLA does not come with a waxing sleeve. You have to order the guidepin separately to wax it up.

I beg to differ. The one I just used from Zimmer (the company who bought/took over Calcitec, from what I understand) had the plastic/waxing sleeve.