Cad Cam Precision Attachments

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I need some input on what CAD software out there can produce 2 extra-coronal attachments in zirconia for a bilateral partial. The case involves teeth #6-11. I need attachments distal of 6 and 11. Does anybody have a good record of success with these in zirconia?

Thanks.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
done a few 2mm ball-type attachments but not had good success with them. zirconia needs height to be strong, and those attachments have none. well, mine didnt anyway.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
done a few 2mm ball-type attachments but not had good success with them. zirconia needs height to be strong, and those attachments have none. well, mine didnt anyway.

Thanks for the info...Straumann has a tube-type male attachment which can be milled in zirconia, but from what I understand the attachment is pretty large which is needed for strength. It is also non-resilient which is a little scary.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I've done a few era types but I stretch the vertical height and design good lingual rest supports.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks for the info...Straumann has a tube-type male attachment which can be milled in zirconia, but from what I understand the attachment is pretty large which is needed for strength. It is also non-resilient which is a little scary.
I don't think if it was in alloy, it would be any more resilient than zirconia, unless you have
a sort of Bredent/vertical Hader type design with nylon and clinically pick up the attachments
to account for REALEF or the movement of the removable partial on soft tissue/mucosa.
Was the attachment for RPD or as a 'stress-breaker' situation?
LCM

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
We have Bredent VS3 ( vertical slide attachment, vertical Hader ) loaded in our 3Shape software, milled on a Roland 51D. Fit is a little snug with the green inserts so we do have to polish slightly for passive fit of female. The Telescope feature in 3Shape won't allow for bridges or splinted units ( or didn't at the time ) so lots and lots of clicks, then the old-timey surveyor came out to verify. A little old-school, a little new school. Both for the same patient BTW.

IMG_1319.JPG IMG_1679.JPG

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Thnaks.
That means I have to try to use a normal attachment Vario soft 3 sv, not the vs3 mini zirconia !

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
We have Bredent VS3 ( vertical slide attachment, vertical Hader ) loaded in our 3Shape software, milled on a Roland 51D. Fit is a little snug with the green inserts so we do have to polish slightly for passive fit of female. The Telescope feature in 3Shape won't allow for bridges or splinted units ( or didn't at the time ) so lots and lots of clicks, then the old-timey surveyor came out to verify. A little old-school, a little new school. Both for the same patient BTW.

View attachment 25688 View attachment 25689

Hey Rick, can you send me the STL for this bridge? I'll show you a cool feature in hyperDENT that would mill these attachments without any manual adjustment after milling ;-)

Send us an email to [email protected] with your contact info and I'll invite you to a shared Dropbox folder (if you don't mind!).

Thanks!