Buying old sirona cerec 3, is it profitable?

Tramp

Tramp

Reaction score
Hello,

What do you think about old sirona's? Cerec 3.

The prices are between 5 000€-10 000€.

Is it milling only in glass ceramic? Or i can mill there also sinter metal blocks, zirconia blocks, temp blocks?

i think about that one:
sirona-dental-cerec-3-acquisition-unit.jpg

What is difference between this newest sirona cerec and this old one? Only design? different motors?

What are prons and cons when it comes to old sirona cerec3?

Mostly with this there is installed cerec 3.8 software.

Is it opened? STL? Any yearly fee, crown limitations?

Looking forward from you girls and boys :)

I asked because my cadcam which i have now has no possibility to mill ceramic in wet. So investing another thousand of my many in new CAM machine would be not so profitable.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
why not just sell your ceramill? amann will give you a discount on the motion 2

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
Hello,

I sold mill & aquisition unit 2 yrs ago on ebay for $19,000 for a Dr and took home a sweet commission from it. its a good resell opportunity, wouldn't want it in the lab

Tramp

Tramp

Reaction score
why not just sell your ceramill? amann will give you a discount on the motion 2
I will never buy AG again :) That's why ;) and i cannot sell item which i have still on credit, after, yes, i will do with big satisfaction.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on why you would never go with AG again? Feel free to Private Message me.

I was thinking about the Ceramill motion 2? Seems like an interesting mill. wet & dry, compact and not overally expensive and Sintron is kind of interesting although I pretty sure it's not really econmical.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Sirmorty, you can check out the ceramill thread I started for more info.. but its a great piece of equipment.. sure there are other machines out there like the Imes that can mill emax, but I like my motion1. The fits are amazing.. its pretty quick as far as mill times for a desktop mill. The only real problem is the material shapes that are proprietary to the ceramill... The motion1, complete with scanner, furnace etc was only around $73k new. You can pick up a used complete motion2 for around $60k...

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Yeah I think the D shaped material is deal breaker for me.
Not that many companies are going to release materials for a single type of milling machine. It's just not profitable, and to wait for A&G to release it's own material is not really ideal, or cost effective.

It's looking like Imes is the way to go for a compact wet/dry mill.

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
Hello,

The prices are between 5 000€-10 000€.

Is it milling only in glass ceramic? Or i can mill there also sinter metal blocks, zirconia blocks, temp blocks?

i think about that one:
sirona-dental-cerec-3-acquisition-unit.jpg

What is difference between this newest sirona cerec and this old one? Only design? different motors?

What are prons and cons when it comes to old sirona cerec3?

Mostly with this there is installed cerec 3.8 software.

Is it opened? STL? Any yearly fee, crown limitations?

Looking forward from you girls and boys :)

I asked because my cadcam which i have now has no possibility to mill ceramic in wet. So investing another thousand of my many in new CAM machine would be not so profitable.

Not to many people like the "S" in here specially Paulg 100.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I think the most important factor for this mill will be, can you sell what comes out of it? Will your customers be happy with the product. I owned one seceral years ago. I wouldn't bother taking it if it were offered for free. You'll waist your time and energy and never get a decent part out of it. This is a bad deal at any price.

A

agro

Reaction score
I have bought one ( inLab unit and old red cam)
I am happy now )
Fit is good
Inlay, veneers, crowns, temporary bridges - cerec
+ bridges (frameworks, full anatomy) - inlab
eMax, glass-ceramic, plastic, wax, zircon
Wet milling, maximum blocks size 40 mm
You can use it with new soft: 4.0, 4.2 in this case you should buy license for this software
Completely close system
For cerec unit no yearly fees
But inlab unit: you should buy dongle ( unlim or some other)
Soft 3.8 is not so bad but I prefer a new one
Its quite fast: crown 18-20 min, veneer 10-15 min
New mcxl unit much faster

For me its enough good, I don't have any other CAD-CAM system

J

javedjaved

Reaction score
hello, i am new in cd cam technology, kindly advise how to avoid loose fitting of zirkon copings.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
hello, i am new in cd cam technology, kindly advise how to avoid loose fitting of zirkon copings.
Two things to try.
1 Reduce die spacer
2. Check to make sure you are entering the correct shrinkage factor into the CAM.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Not a fan of Serona nor Cerec. This is a closed system. 15-20 years ago closed was needed for several reasons. Today, open only. That's why 90 plus percent of everything sold into labs today is wide open.

A

ahmad_bibo754

Reaction score
Did anyone have a mikro cad cam dental amann girrbach .scanner map 200?is it good or bad .plz answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Is it possible to mill bridges with cerec 3 (not inab) using inlab software and changing burs?

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
I have an MCXL inlab collecting dust if you want a better mill

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i wish i had a sad icon for all the people who have sirona mills in their lab i dont know anybody who is totally happy or even close for that mater.mind you the scans from omni cam arnt bad.