Bubbles in GC powder on Emax Veneer!

mona-z

mona-z

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just started using GC powder build up on Emax pressed veneers and I am having bubbles down to the coping surface! Tried to change the temperature and I did the vacuum test.. I also did a calibration but it's not fixed!
Please let me know if you face such an issue with GC powder And thanks in advance :)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
are you using LiSi?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This is because of your wash.. Ive had bubbles and porcelain lifting since I started using LiSi.. It does NOT work with inSync as a wash. It does NOT work with emax fluo glaze as a wash.

The only thing Ive found works is doing a thin wash of porcelain, then layering. I havent tried lustre paste, the manual says that works..

I think this is a huge problem, Ive never had bubbling like this and Ive used GC initial for a decade now.. I wondered if anyone else was experiencing it..

mona-z

mona-z

Reaction score
This is because of your wash.. Ive had bubbles and porcelain lifting since I started using LiSi.. It does NOT work with inSync as a wash. It does NOT work with emax fluo glaze as a wash.

The only thing Ive found works is doing a thin wash of porcelain, then layering. I havent tried lustre paste, the manual says that works..

I think this is a huge problem, Ive never had bubbling like this and Ive used GC initial for a decade now.. I wondered if anyone else was experiencing it..

Actually I'm doing a thin layer of dentine and mamelons as a foundation layer, and I'm not using any glaze or wash.. And I'm using Lisi not Initial. So I'm very confused as I tried everything but didn't work!

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Do you sand plast and clean before every layer applied?.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I use LP for my bond and color coat then dust with neutal then fire.
its fast and no bubbling problems.
If I didn't use the LP I would use glaze liquid then dust then fire for a super fast bond coat.

IMG_6932 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
mona-z

mona-z

Reaction score
If I didn't use the LP I would use glaze liquid then dust then fire for a super fast bond coat.

View attachment 21609

The GC trainer adviced a thin layer of dentine as foundation with no wash or glaze. I tried both but still get the bubbles! Emax powder has no problems at all. I try both in the same furnace on the same veneer. It's working perfect with Emax but not with GC!!

mona-z

mona-z

Reaction score

View attachment 21609

But I'll try your way Al. Thanks!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Mona just glaze liquid then dust with N powder works perfect.

Glaze liquid NOT paste.
Did that for years with ceram and also with LiSi.
I started using LP because I want to bond and stain core at same time to save a bake.
Before I wound dust fire than stain fire than layer

mona-z

mona-z

Reaction score
Mona just glaze liquid then dust with N powder works perfect.

Glaze liquid NOT paste.
Did that for years with ceram and also with LiSi.
I started using LP because I want to bond and stain core at same time to save a bake.
Before I wound dust fire than stain fire than layer

I'll try that tomorrow and see if it'll work. Thanks!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Actually I'm doing a thin layer of dentine and mamelons as a foundation layer, and I'm not using any glaze or wash.. And I'm using Lisi not Initial. So I'm very confused as I tried everything but didn't work!

LiSi is a type of Initial porcelain, made by GC. A 'wash' is just a first bonder firing, according to emax manual it can be ceram or fluo glaze.. according to GC manual, it can be LiSi porcelain or Luster Paste NF... I only have the old formula, maybe it works too?

Ive never had issues firing emax ceram over insync, LP, or emax FLuo as a wash/stain firing.. Ive never seen bubbles as bad as Ive seen with LiSi .. shiny/blasted, clean .. it didnt matter.. only time I dont get bubbles is with a thin wash of CLF or other porcelain, mixed with water.