bubble free

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering what debubbleizer people are using for investing emax and also pfm ect.

jeff

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I am and never was a fan of debubblizers, I use a disposable brush to get into the casting to break the 'surface tension' with the investment, but other than that, prefer not to use it.

2thbob

Reaction score
If you have to use one, hydrosmooth by Vacalon. A better choice is using a super good die lube. High-tech Wax die lube does its job well, AND leaves a non-contaminating super slick no surface tension pattern. The down side is about $90 a bottle.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering what debubbleizer people are using for investing emax and also pfm ect.

jeff

Definetely stay away from debubblizer on e.max - the debubblizer reacts with investment and can cause unnessary surface roughness, poor fits etc. Like the labguy said, just being careful and working the inside of the pressing with a small instrument or bruch will ensure a perfect, smooth bubble free pressing.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I use yetilube for my separating medium for emax and I dont clean out the pattern, I use Microstar investment, sometimes I just let the investment rise up in the ring and fill the pattern without filling the pattern first and I get the cleanest best fitting emaxes I have ever gotten without using a debubblizer. I think the Yetilube makes the investment flow.

debubblizer.com

debubblizer.com

Reaction score
RUSSMAN DEBUBBLIZER-SURFACTANT
WATER-BASED SURFACE TENSION REDUCING AGENT

Russman DeBubblizer is a surfactant solution formulated to gently reduce the surface tension of impressions, prior to pouring models, and of wax patterns, prior to investing. Treating impressions and wax patterns with Debubblizer-Surfactant also aids in the removal of dust and oily residues accumulated over time. Together, these features allow for better flow and adaptation of the dental material being poured, virtually eliminating the formation of bubbles and voids on the surfaces of models and castings. Russman Debubblizer-Surfactant is intended for use when mixing by hand and is available in refillable fine-mist pump spray bottles. Does not contain alcohol.

Features
Water-based for use with hand mixers
For treating any impression materials / wax patterns before pour up / investing
Reduces surface tension and air entrapment, eliminating voids / bubbles when pouring stone or plaster models
Produces sharper detail for an overall better fit and more aesthetic reproduction
Facilitates in uniform flow of investment to all surfaces of wax patterns
Dissolves lipophilic contaminants including oily die lubricant residue
Compatible with alginate, rubber, silicone, and wax patterns
Pink Color
Long shelf-life

doug

doug

Reaction score
I don't use debubblizer on anything I invest. I do use a pressure pot for my pfm rings.

debubblizer.com

debubblizer.com

Reaction score
have you try using Russman DeBubblizer??

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Vacalon Crystal Die Separator (just like YETI).. the best. Hydrosmooth 2 thumbs up ;) Use it everyday on E.Max cases, bubble free :)
Model & Die Department - Vacalon

Last edited:
debubblizer.com

debubblizer.com

Reaction score
i been using Russman's DeBubblizer-Surfactant for years in my lab and not only bubble free model but also produces sharper details.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i dont use a debubblizer/surfactant on anything. EMax, PFMs, Gold, whatever. some ppl use them and love them......ive used dozens of kinds and i dont see the point. consistent quality investment with patience and proper handling voids the need for any debubb. and as some stated here, it can cause an issue for EMax surface roughness.....but not all of them will.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Use a fine mist of water and the flexible tip of a soft tissue extruder. Never had an issue.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Debubblizers are ok, but not necessary. If you decide to use one (I do),choose one that is non-soapy, like Sure-Take Surfactant (Ivoclar). Spray a light mist on your patterns, and COMPLETLY dry it before investing (a light blast from the air hose works well). The surfactant will leave a thin, dry film on the patterns which is what will reduce the surface tension. The problem is that most people think you must leave the surfactant wet on the surface to get the benefits from it. The problem with that is the wet surfactant mixes with the investment at the surface of the pattern and weakens that investment, leading to rough surfaces and small inclusions of investment in your material (whether it is emax, empress, metal, etc).

Hope this helps.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
We used to wick the excess away with clean, dry brush also, before gentle blowing dry.
LCM