1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bubble free

Discussion in 'Fixed' started by jeppsta, Mar 31, 2010.

1. jeppsta

jeppsta jeff

Hi all, just wondering what debubbleizer people are using for investing emax and also pfm ect.

jeff
  2. TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy Just a Member

I am and never was a fan of debubblizers, I use a disposable brush to get into the casting to break the 'surface tension' with the investment, but other than that, prefer not to use it.
  3. 2thbob

2thbob Member

If you have to use one, hydrosmooth by Vacalon. A better choice is using a super good die lube. High-tech Wax die lube does its job well, AND leaves a non-contaminating super slick no surface tension pattern. The down side is about $90 a bottle.
  4. sixonice

sixonice New Member

Definetely stay away from debubblizer on e.max - the debubblizer reacts with investment and can cause unnessary surface roughness, poor fits etc. Like the labguy said, just being careful and working the inside of the pressing with a small instrument or bruch will ensure a perfect, smooth bubble free pressing.
  5. AL1

AL1 Member

I use yetilube for my separating medium for emax and I dont clean out the pattern, I use Microstar investment, sometimes I just let the investment rise up in the ring and fill the pattern without filling the pattern first and I get the cleanest best fitting emaxes I have ever gotten without using a debubblizer. I think the Yetilube makes the investment flow.
  6. debubblizer.com

debubblizer.com New Member Donator

RUSSMAN DEBUBBLIZER-SURFACTANT
    WATER-BASED SURFACE TENSION REDUCING AGENT

Russman DeBubblizer is a surfactant solution formulated to gently reduce the surface tension of impressions, prior to pouring models, and of wax patterns, prior to investing. Treating impressions and wax patterns with Debubblizer-Surfactant also aids in the removal of dust and oily residues accumulated over time. Together, these features allow for better flow and adaptation of the dental material being poured, virtually eliminating the formation of bubbles and voids on the surfaces of models and castings. Russman Debubblizer-Surfactant is intended for use when mixing by hand and is available in refillable fine-mist pump spray bottles. Does not contain alcohol.

Features
    Water-based for use with hand mixers
    For treating any impression materials / wax patterns before pour up / investing
    Reduces surface tension and air entrapment, eliminating voids / bubbles when pouring stone or plaster models
    Produces sharper detail for an overall better fit and more aesthetic reproduction
    Facilitates in uniform flow of investment to all surfaces of wax patterns
    Dissolves lipophilic contaminants including oily die lubricant residue
    Compatible with alginate, rubber, silicone, and wax patterns
    Pink Color
    Long shelf-life
  7. doug
    Curious

doug Member Donator

I don't use debubblizer on anything I invest. I do use a pressure pot for my pfm rings.
  8. debubblizer.com

have you try using Russman DeBubblizer??
  9. ts4341

ts4341 Member Donator

Vacalon Crystal Die Separator (just like YETI).. the best. Hydrosmooth 2 thumbs up ;) Use it everyday on E.Max cases, bubble free :)
    Model & Die Department - Vacalon
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  10. debubblizer.com

i been using Russman's DeBubblizer-Surfactant for years in my lab and not only bubble free model but also produces sharper details.
  11. sidesh0wb0b
    Relaxed

sidesh0wb0b Active Member Donator

i dont use a debubblizer/surfactant on anything. EMax, PFMs, Gold, whatever. some ppl use them and love them......ive used dozens of kinds and i dont see the point. consistent quality investment with patience and proper handling voids the need for any debubb. and as some stated here, it can cause an issue for EMax surface roughness.....but not all of them will.