Bridgework rocking.

R

Robc

Reaction score
Hi. I'm struggling get getting good fitting bridgework without soldering 5 units and over.. I use solid models and separate dies. I invest with Skillvest and cast in Tilite. I use a bar when spring. I've heard of the single sprung method but not brave enough or know enough to have a go. Any advice welcome. Thanks Rob.

A

adl

Reaction score
You'll be surprised how direct ( single) spruing works!

B

Billybisto

Reaction score
Hi. I'm struggling get getting good fitting bridgework without soldering 5 units and over.. I use solid models and separate dies. I invest with Skillvest and cast in Tilite. I use a bar when spring. I've heard of the single sprung method but not brave enough or know enough to have a go. Any advice welcome. Thanks Rob.
Hi, Ive been doing multiple bridge units with a single sprue for years..........its admittedly scary, but if you can get over that and try it..you will be amazed. Its still always gonna be a tricky thing to get a perfect fit, but can be done. My personal opinion is it comes down to the preps and how they are parralelled....its that initial pulling off that is critical.

A

adl

Reaction score
Do a bar in the hot zone, sprue each unit in bridge.
That's precisely the difference between direct spruing and bar spruing .when you sprue each unit there is to much torque on the bridge . The less you handle them the better off you are .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm not coming in on Sunday's to do my investing/casting!

Agreed but cranking up War Pigs with the bunsen burner set on full sure makes it feel like the front row . :Rock:

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I always do a resin structure that I wax to when doing a bridge. Thi9s gives me rigidity while sprueing and investing. I also use a dead soft wax when connecting my sprues to the framework, this way as it cools and shrinks it does not pull as much on the framework causing warpage.

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Chances are if you connect your bridge in wax and come back later it will be slightly rocking. I use Bredents Pi-Ku-Plast to connect all bridge connectors and then cover them with wax ( margin wax). Then after a half hour if there's no rocking I do Bredents single sprue technique with vent sprue's on all the teeth. I found rushing from connecting the bridge to casting tends to have rocking bridges.

Rick