• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLUEBLOCK ATTACHMENT COMPATIBILITY

Discussion in 'Amann Girrbach North America' started by deadhead, Mar 27, 2017.

1. deadhead
      Relaxed

deadhead Active Member Full Member

So we recently bought the Motion 2. AG ended up sending us the blueblock attachment for the motion 2 but sent us the attachment for the motion 2(5X). does anyone know if the attachment can be used for either version for the motion 2 mills before I call AG and send this back for the right one. thanks

2. Amann Girrbach

Amann Girrbach New Member Sponsors Full Member

Hi Deadhead, do you have both the classic Motion and the DNA Motion?

3. rc75
      Thinking

rc75 Well-Known Member Sponsors Full Member

4. deadhead
      Relaxed

We have the Motion and the first generation Motion 2. Spoke with AG support team and got the issue sorted out. When we purchased the Motion 2 we didnt notice that they sent a new version of match 2 that had the option to choose which holder to use for the blueblock, so after we installed the new version we now have the option to choose between the ceramill attachments and the cerec holders.

5. Patrick Coon
      Happy

Patrick Coon Well-Known Member Sponsors Full Member

Can you send me a picture of the CeraMill attachment. I have not seen that one (and not aware of us making one).

Thanks

6. deadhead
      Relaxed

when I am talking about the attachments, I am talking about the holder that the blueblock is glued to that goes into the holder of the machine. AG has a holder that you can put in place of the round blank holder so then you can mill 3 blueblocks at once, but since ceramill makes their own blocks and have different holders glued to them, in their camming software they have an option to choose which type of holder is glued to the blueblock. I circled in the picture where you can choose which kind of holder is attached to the blank. AG sells a holder that can hold 3 units(for the first generation Motion 2) or 12 units(for the DNA Motion 2). We also have the attachment for milling titanium but havent calibrated it yet I also included two pictures of a cerec and a ceramill block so you can see what i mean by attachments glued to block and how they are different so AG included adapters that you use to mill the cerec holders in their machines. Sorry I dont have a pic of the adapter but the adapter goes into the holder and then the block that has the cerec holder attached to it then slips in the adapter to allow you to mill. Capture.JPG ceramill attachment.jpg cerec attachment.jpg

7. Patrick Coon
      Happy

Patrick Coon Well-Known Member Sponsors Full Member

Oh no worries, I know AG had adapters for the e.max "BlueBlock" with Sirona mandrel on it. I thought you had actual e.max "BlueBlocks" with an AG mandrel (that's what I was confused about. Because we (Ivoclar Vivadent) only have blocks with mandrels from Sirona, Wieland/IV Digital, Kavo Everest, Planmeca (E4D), and I think the large Röders machines.