Bloomberg assesment of the US dental industry

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
there are good reasons for that jo, you know that.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
This would be a great opportunity for the NADL to engage in a public discussion to explain to consumers how much a US made crown costs in relation to the fees charged by dentists
Yeah and I'll bet they've been waiting for just such an opportunity to arise.....not.
Now, where's that cricket emoji at?
cricket cricket

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"Heartland Dental LLC, controlled by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, negotiates prices for both domestic and foreign parts for its 1,200 dentists, said Samson Liu, a St. Louis area dentist who is vice president of clinical affairs. The quality is identical, said Liu."

You now have a Canadian union negotiating lab prices for you Americans.

How do you like them apples?

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
"Heartland Dental LLC, controlled by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, negotiates prices for both domestic and foreign parts for its 1,200 dentists, said Samson Liu, a St. Louis area dentist who is vice president of clinical affairs. The quality is identical, said Liu."

You now have a Canadian union negotiating lab prices for you Americans.

How do you like them apples?

"The quality is identical"

Going to have to go ahead and call BS on that one.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"The quality is identical"

Going to have to go ahead and call BS on that one.
Look him up. He's from St.Louis.
Feel free to post some screen shots of work.

doug

doug

Reaction score
"In any business where price is the deciding factor, the dumbest competitor will get the most business until he goes out of business," Large dental groups “can use the lab until they go broke, then they move on to the next dumbest suitor!"

This is the most important comment in the article as far as we, here in the U.S., are concerned. We are our own worst enemy.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"In any business where price is the deciding factor, the dumbest competitor will get the most business until he goes out of business," Large dental groups “can use the lab until they go broke, then they move on to the next dumbest suitor!"

This is the most important comment in the article as far as we, here in the U.S., are concerned. We are our own worst enemy.

said Chief Executive Officer Jim Glidewell.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
this article is pretty poorly written and not very neutral. - https://jaredshopkins.com/awards/ #notimpressed
In other words, it's exactly normal for 'modern' journalism.
Articles unworthy of an A grade in eighth grade English class are routine these days, my hometown newspaper (a Gannet one) is so bad I've unsubscribed after calling them multiple times, asking if they would use something other that spellcheck to proofread their paper.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
In other words, it's exactly normal for 'modern' journalism.
Articles unworthy of an A grade in eighth grade English class are routine these days, my hometown newspaper (a Gannet one) is so bad I've unsubscribed after calling them multiple times, asking if they would use something other that spellcheck to proofread their paper.
*other than spellcheck....:p

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
This would be a great opportunity for the NADL to engage in a public discussion to explain to consumers how much a US made crown costs in relation to the fees charged by dentists
good luck with that, the NADL doesnt care as long as we keep sending them our dues. thats how they make $$$

Monkey w/ a tourch

Monkey w/ a tourch

Reaction score
I don't have a crystal ball but the cards sure look stacked against us.

All I know is that my co-workers and I do the best we can day in and day out. For ourselves and the people in our lives. It's frustrating that it feels like that isn't going to be good enough against all the private equity firms, Glidewell's, China's, and trade deal negotiators of the world.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

i dont know about you, but i dont think jim glidewell is dumb by any stretch.

Top Bottom