Bite Splint fresh off the machine

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
I mill our night guards over night, when the machine wouldn't be doing anything anyway, no lost profit from mill time :Top:

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
I mill our night guards over night, when the machine wouldn't be doing anything anyway, no lost profit from mill time :Top:
Our mills are loaded up at night so this option does not work for us. Maybe get an inexpensive mill dedicated to milling splints but at a couples hours per splint you get maybe five in a day.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Our mills are loaded up at night so this option does not work for us. Maybe get an inexpensive mill dedicated to milling splints but at a couples hours per splint you get maybe five in a day.

...unless you pick up one of our Versamill ***'s where we are under an hour to machine - using our software and machining templates of course...;):cool:

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
How much $?

Versamill 5XS, $29,950 for machine (includes Stand & machine control). Plus CAM software & shipping.

We offer different CAM Software Options (depending on your choice and if you already have a valid multi-machine license for a supported CAM product: $6K max).

If anyone is going to Chicago, stop by to see this beast. We also will be announcing the release of a new product we're pretty excited about and, in line with what appears to be market practice, will be running some "Show Specials".

I would love the opportunity to meet more Forum members, of which I've only had the pleasure of meeting a few.

IDT%20OneThirdHoriz%20March2016_FINAL_zpsxlrs73k3.jpg

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
meeting you was the highlight of my only ever trip south of the border. i encourage all to go for it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Meeting a guy who looked like Colonel Sanders was my highlight.

That and the gator wrassler named Lefty.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i only accept one form of payment, you know that. but you guys don't have the roll-up-the-rim contest i think.

M

MJFDDS

Reaction score
Looks great. Two questions.
#1. How does it fit the model?
#2. What is the cost of that PMMA puck?
Thank you
Most of the time they fit passively on the model. When designing, if you steer clear of a lot of undercut then there should be no issue. We use the cadet model to fit and adjust occlusion which if needed is minor. They then drop in when seated in the mouth.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I really enjoy the properties of Clearsplint. Is the CAM stuff just hard as hard can be? Hard and dense and slick has its advantages in the oral environment. Being able to drop it in hot water and place it in someone's mouth and telling them to bite, hold and have a good day is a beautiful thing.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
We are doing 10 to 15 Clearsplints a week and love working with the material. The patients and Docs love them, but I would like to try a milled splint for the Docs that still prefer a heat cured type. Any idea how long a splint take on the DWX 50? We are using Sum 3d.
Thanks

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Benefits of both, I say stick with clearsplint and use the mill for more productive work.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
I agree JK.
I think I will get one milled just to see how they actually perform.

Top Bottom