Birdbeak, ect wire benders

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I have 045 wire... it really sucks to bend into a clasp shape. can someone give me a good brand of strong solid career long wire benders?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I have 045 wire... it really sucks to bend into a clasp shape. can someone give me a good brand of strong solid career long wire benders?

My Favorites, that always lasted (I've had the same pair for 10+ years),are from 3M Unitek.

Unitek™ BiRd Beak Pliers Part #801-709

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Great Lakes has the best set of tools bar none. They are pricy but the best quality I have owned.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
For years I've been using an old pair of seriously heavy '50's nedlenose pliers that have completely flat jaws and have the edge rounded off.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I am lacking a supply of heavy duty 60 year old tools. I have been looking at great lakes

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Do not buy Great Lakes they are utter crap, the best is Dentronix they have a lifetime warranty although a price to match every Ortho tech that I've told to purchase them have thanked me. I've never had one break hence never having to use the lifetime warranty. I do buy orthopli three prongs because get are thinner however NOT for .045 though. I returned 4! Yes 4 Great Lakes 3 prongs last year they all broke within a week of using they have a new manufacturer which is crap!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Do not buy Great Lakes they are utter crap, !

So interesting to hear someone say this. I have the complete opposite experience.

I have never liked 3 prong pliers. I have 2 sizes of bird beak one hawley loop forming and some snips, all have been in service for 10 plus years with no issues.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I still use my 'Ash TC Adam's #64 Ortho pliers' that I got in the 80's when I was @ Manchester University :)...................Densply has them I think .

Cory

Cory

Reaction score
So interesting to hear someone say this. I have the complete opposite experience.

I have never liked 3 prong pliers. I have 2 sizes of bird beak one hawley loop forming and some snips, all have been in service for 10 plus years with no issues.

We just ordered the superior ones from GL... i guess depending on how they turn out i'll decide if those are the ones i'll want when i start my own

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Check out Dentaurum Pliers, they have two types, EQ and Premium.

The Premium have a 10 year guarantee
https://www.dentaurum.de/eng/premium-line-17257.aspx

For me i only use 3 or 4 Pliers. Adams, Aderer (three prong) and Young loop forming pliers.

If I can't bend what i want with those..i need to be shot

Attached is an interesting article on wires showing some stuff i have bent.

Attachments

• WIRE.pdf
    233.6 KB · Views: 36