BioHorizons Screw-retained Bridge

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Yo,

I have a case here where it's BioHorizons Internal Plus system. 3.5mm in 45 spot and 4.5mm in the 47 spot.

From what I understand about the system, is you want to maintain the hex on abutment or all the force will be transferred straight to the screw, yet non-engaging abutments on bridges are preferred. Implants are not bang-on parallel but pretty close.

My question...can you do screw-retained bridges on BioHorizons? Can I grind the hex where it will contact prematurely, and obviously check with dentist is he/she is ok with hex grinding?

Thoughts?

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Yo,

I have a case here where it's BioHorizons Internal Plus system. 3.5mm in 45 spot and 4.5mm in the 47 spot.

From what I understand about the system, is you want to maintain the hex on abutment or all the force will be transferred straight to the screw, yet non-engaging abutments on bridges are preferred. Implants are not bang-on parallel but pretty close.

My question...can you do screw-retained bridges on BioHorizons? Can I grind the hex where it will contact prematurely, and obviously check with dentist is he/she is ok with hex grinding?

Thoughts?

Hexed ( engaging ) on the distal abutment and non-engaging on the 5 spot can be a good compromise.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hexed ( engaging ) on the distal abutment and non-engaging on the 5 spot can be a good compromise.

Kinda my thought too. Make adjustments to the one hex so it will draws, and maybe leave a few walls undisturbed...aka 1/2 a hex