Best mill Imes Icore CORiTEC 750i vs Datron D5

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
You can mill abutments with all Yenadent machines . DC 40 will do it better . I has glass scales , different tool sytem which is more accurate , overall it is better for metal milling . But I am milling metal on my machine for 1 year and a half , and I am having great results . I mill 80-90% of my metal workload . I just started milling premilled abutments , easier and better result .
Premilled abutments = NT-trading?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Premilled abutments = NT-trading?
Not from NT trading , but the system is the same . Interface and hole for the screw is already milled by an industrial mill , and the rest is milled by . Always perfect interface and screw hole .

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
Simple as that, nobody asking how it looks or how do they do it, what is important is the result of the above mentioned MILLING MACHINES!!! the precision, cost, time, quality and quantity? so do the booth machines (750i and D5) have the same precision, how much it cost a crown from one and how much from the other, how much time it takes to D5 for a crown and how much 750i, how many crowns you do with one sets of tools with D5 and how much with 750i, so I think that the question is so good?

G

Gabriel

Reaction score
On the D5, a medium sized crown milled in CrCo will take around 15-20 minutes. We use Sum3D and personally I don't see the point in making your machine squeal because one customer or doctor cannot wait a few extra hours. I guarantee that they will not care if you tell them that in the process you damaged your spindle or broke a few tools.
About the D5's spindle: it is a 1.8kw Jager just like Jordan said, and it's a very strong one. We never use it for speeds higher than 30000 rpm in CrCo or Titanium, and if you go on Jager's website you can look at the spindles' performance diagrams and see that there's no point in accelerating you spindle to the top speed. The top speed is NOT the best working speed. We look for continuity rather than peak after peak. Metal milling is difficult, and even if you use the best tools you can still damage your spindle if you run it to the maximum.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Orthodox , have you ever considered laser sintering machines ? For metal production is ideal . Cost per unit is so small . I still haven't figured out what do you want to do with the machine . Do you want to mill metal for your lab only , mill for others only , do both ? You do realize that metal milling is not cheap and not easy . You will have to count the material cost AND the maintenance cost . I believe that with one set of tools you get 40 units max , and this is if you don't have a tool breaking . I don't know exactly the cost of each tool , but I would imagine you would have to pay around 60 euros for each tool .

S

SZsharpmill

Reaction score
Very difficult question. First, how do you define best? Best quality output, Fastest output? Quality of build? Quality of internal components? Best spindle, Best tool changer?
The list can go on and on. I think both are really good solutions for most dental applications. As far as "best"? I think each may have some advantages over the other.
what software system is good for 750i or 450i ?

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
Jason, I saw it at IDS. Very nice mill comes with a 5kw spindle. also has some interesting options. You can have it set up to mill bar stock and or pucks. Also can come with a parts sorter. So, when milling from a bar, it cuts off the unit and the unit slides into a small cup for identifying or sorting. Another option is a disk changer.
witch one is 5kw?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Hi Sam, the 1.8kW designation in the D5's liquid-cooled Jager spindle is for continuous power, not maximum. Some spindle companies use max power to name or identify their products, and some use continuous power, like Jager.

However, what's much more important than spindle power is the actual performance relative to your specific application - in this case, titanium implant parts. I've never seen the power consumption of the D5 spindle go over 24% milling titanium bars or implants. In fact, it usually hovers around 14-16%.

Another indication of a spindle that's properly (or improperly) spec'd for a particular application is its bearing wear. There's a vibration measurement device we use whenever performing preventative maintenance on any of our machines (dental or industrial) that indicates the level of wear on a machine's spindle bearings. We have a customer with over 6500 hours on their 1.8kW D5 spindle that ONLY mills titanium implant parts at their facility (about 90% bars). After the last test at this particular customer, the results revealed a wear amount that was practically negligible... after 6500 hours! That's more than triple the manufacturer's warranty period.

Regarding D5 references, we have a few customers in the US that would be more than happy to talk with you about how they're using the D5, the level of service that Datron provides, and how the machine has revolutionized their business' capabilities, and more importantly, their profitability. Shoot me a PM if you'd like their info.

Thanks!

Thank you. that was some excellent information.

D

Dennis DeMarchi

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Ivoclar pulled the plug on the new Zenotec milling machine's metal milling capability? Their website was advertising that it would mill metal... until about a month ago.

I see many benefits to milling metal in house. My biggest concern with any milling machine besides the accuracy and profitability etc, is whether the company that makes it will stay in business and continue to support it.... long after it's paid off. Look at how many dental lab equipment manufacturers have gone by the wayside over the years.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Maybe because the spindle is too small.
We all know Ivoclar are not stupid. They would have tested long term results...obviously they were not satisfied the vhf/weiland could withstand large amounts of cocr milling.

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
Not from NT trading , but the system is the same . Interface and hole for the screw is already milled by an industrial mill , and the rest is milled by . Always perfect interface and screw hole .
DRIZZT, something else about the abutments, is there any standard size for the hexagon of the abutments or there are many types???

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
DRIZZT, something else about the abutments, is there any standard size for the hexagon of the abutments or there are many types???

There are many many types , and many sizes .

Top Bottom