Best mill Imes Icore CORiTEC 750i vs Datron D5

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_149197_10151440581567529_1307310575_n_zps81920c22.jpg

ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_564659_10151440581527529_1786640622_n_zps679def4b.jpg

Friadent xive 4.5 compatible . Milled in 33 minutes , including the interface .
ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_149197_10151440581567529_1307310575_n_zps81920c22.jpg ai1085.photobucket.com_albums_j433_drizzt85_564659_10151440581527529_1786640622_n_zps679def4b.jpg

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Drizzt, which CAM are you running? Picasoft?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yes picasoft . Very easy CAM . For the abutment I used two 2 mm and one 1 mm round burs , and one 1.8 mm and one 0.4 mm flat tools .

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Jordan, if your around can you give us some input on the D5 irragation as it relates to milling ceramics?

The minimum quantity mist system we use is only for titanium and CoCr. All zirconia and other materials (such as wax, PMMA, PU, etc) are milled dry. They're extracted from the processing area during milling by an industrial-grade suction unit.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Isnt the spindle power of D5 (1.7kw) too low as compared to (5kw) for similar level of mill.

Does any body have Daytron D5.

Sam

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Batman would kick both their butts.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Seems like datron is designed for the dental lab to make bars (in house) of the same precision level and quality (capable of interface milling) as the industrial mills. They have priced it at 250k between the Imes core 450 and the industrial level half million dollar mills.

And they have 4 different kinds of D5.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
There are quite a few industrial mills priced around 150k that are capable to cut quality interfaces and bars ( closed loop controls, glass scales, and other goodies included )...tooling and CAM plays a big role in achieving perfect finishes as well... too bad that most won't fit through a regular office door nor an elevator. ..

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Which industrial machine/machines are u referring to ..... for 150k.

Is it the imes 550

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Wasn't referring to anything labelled dental...

RockyMark

RockyMark

Reaction score
CORiTEC 750i from imes-icore is the eventual high performance dental milling unit for wet & dry production with 5 axes operation. Both system has a tool changing unit with tool length & tool break sensors. Both have a higher precision & speed. But Datron D5 has minimum- quantity cooling/lubrication system for machining hard metals.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Isnt the spindle power of D5 (1.7kw) too low as compared to (5kw) for similar level of mill.

Does any body have Datron D5.

Sam

Hi Sam, the 1.8kW designation in the D5's liquid-cooled Jager spindle is for continuous power, not maximum. Some spindle companies use max power to name or identify their products, and some use continuous power, like Jager.

However, what's much more important than spindle power is the actual performance relative to your specific application - in this case, titanium implant parts. I've never seen the power consumption of the D5 spindle go over 24% milling titanium bars or implants. In fact, it usually hovers around 14-16%.

Another indication of a spindle that's properly (or improperly) spec'd for a particular application is its bearing wear. There's a vibration measurement device we use whenever performing preventative maintenance on any of our machines (dental or industrial) that indicates the level of wear on a machine's spindle bearings. We have a customer with over 6500 hours on their 1.8kW D5 spindle that ONLY mills titanium implant parts at their facility (about 90% bars). After the last test at this particular customer, the results revealed a wear amount that was practically negligible... after 6500 hours! That's more than triple the manufacturer's warranty period.

Regarding D5 references, we have a few customers in the US that would be more than happy to talk with you about how they're using the D5, the level of service that Datron provides, and how the machine has revolutionized their business' capabilities, and more importantly, their profitability. Shoot me a PM if you'd like their info.

Thanks!

Last edited:
G

Gabriel

Reaction score
The D5 is a very well built machine, and anyone who has seen its insides can agree with me. The cooling system is very effective for metal and titanium, I personally didn't believe it until I saw it at work, and after watching it every day for almost two years now, I am convinced. We are using 3mm, 2mm Datron tools for roughing and 1,5mm and 1mm tools for roughing and finishing from another manufacturer only because they have a better geometry and hence a longer lifetime.

The D5 is built primarily for metal, but there's also a D5 version ready for ceramic milling that also allows wet milling. It is insulated, it has a second screen so it can withstand cooling jet.

I think the 13 tool changer and the new 15 tool changer is enough.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Hi Sam, the 1.8kW designation in the D5's liquid-cooled Jager spindle is for continuous power, not maximum. Some spindle companies use max power to name or identify their products, and some use continuous power, like Jager.

However, what's much more important than spindle power is the actual performance relative to your specific application - in this case, titanium implant parts. I've never seen the power consumption of the D5 spindle go over 24% milling titanium bars or implants. In fact, it usually hovers around 14-16%.

Another indication of a spindle that's properly (or improperly) spec'd for a particular application is its bearing wear. There's a vibration measurement device we use whenever performing preventative maintenance on any of our machines (dental or industrial) that indicates the level of wear on a machine's spindle bearings. We have a customer with over 6500 hours on their 1.8kW D5 spindle that ONLY mills titanium implant parts at their facility (about 90% bars). After the last test at this particular customer, the results revealed a wear amount that was practically negligible... after 6500 hours! That's more than triple the manufacturer's warranty period.

Regarding D5 references, we have a few customers in the US that would be more than happy to talk with you about how they're using the D5, the level of service that Datron provides, and how the machine has revolutionized their business' capabilities, and more importantly, their profitability. Shoot me a PM if you'd like their info.

Thanks!

Hello Jordan

What's you tel no/cell no. I will give you a call.

Sam

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Feel free to call our office at any time. Ask for Neal Demazure, our Dental Accounts Manager. He is around today and he can speak with you regarding any other questions you have. (603) 672-8890

Thanks!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
You can mill abutments with all Yenadent machines . DC 40 will do it better . I has glass scales , different tool sytem which is more accurate , overall it is better for metal milling . But I am milling metal on my machine for 1 year and a half , and I am having great results . I mill 80-90% of my metal workload . I just started milling premilled abutments , easier and better result .

Top Bottom