S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Simple question, who's the best?

Imes Icore CORiTEC 750i vs Datron D5?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Very difficult question. First, how do you define best? Best quality output, Fastest output? Quality of build? Quality of internal components? Best spindle, Best tool changer?
The list can go on and on. I think both are really good solutions for most dental applications. As far as "best"? I think each may have some advantages over the other.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have to agree with Bob.

The 750i Looks like it holds more tools and has two puck holders, I know the Imes machines are build very well, but you cant compare parts to parts on these machines. The D5 is bulky and the puck holders are massive! I personally would go with the 750i just cause I have worked with an Imes machine and know the build quality and I know that machine is crazy precise!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Sevan
The 750i can also be fixtured with 4 puck holders. The D5 has an 8 disk changer. Pros and cons to each!

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see the discussion from you guys who know a little about these machines.
Imes has four holders and can also be selected using water cooling (saves electricity).
750i - Water cooling
Datron - "oil" cooling

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
water and oil - two very different cooling methods, for different applications. it would not be wise to mill ferrous metal with a water cooler. likewise, Oil cooler is a misnomer, it infers there is little difference between the tools used in the milling procedure, only the fluid. in actual fact Oil if used on the wrong cutters can cause the cutters to cease cutting. for metal such as titanium, you'll be better served cutting with stuff similar to Vasco 7000 or simple vegetable based cutting oil. for chrome, consider fluid containing sulphur or a Jokisch W2 fluid.

you'd only want to use water based when cutting aluminum. however if you go by the traditional toolmaker's Tapmatic, then the no.1. (yellow) is the go-to solution for all traditional metals, and no.2. is for Aluminum Brass and Copper.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
They both use significant different amounts of liquid coolant. The 750i floods the tool and workpiece with irrigation. The D5 has a very fine mist mixed with air. You can't even see it. It looks like dry milling. I'm not sure if this mist is adequate for milling ceramics.
Jordan, if your around can you give us some input on the D5 irragation as it relates to milling ceramics?

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Simple question, who's the best?

Imes Icore CORiTEC 750i vs Datron D5?

I think you are looking at the wrong options. Check out Dyamach DT2 for high performance on metal. Cost effective too

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I think you are looking at the wrong options. Check out Dyamach DT2 for high performance on metal. Cost effective too

How much is the Dyamach DT2 Dentaleng ? Thanks .

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Strange people to work with. Don't know where they sell their machines. I showed interest two years back, still no reply. Machine is good and expensive. Spindle power too less. For high production metal milling, 3kw spindle is recommended.

Where did you get your data on spindle power for metal? Just curious as I have been looking into this.
FYI, the Daytron D5 spindle is 1.7kw.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Jason, I saw it at IDS. Very nice mill comes with a 5kw spindle. also has some interesting options. You can have it set up to mill bar stock and or pucks. Also can come with a parts sorter. So, when milling from a bar, it cuts off the unit and the unit slides into a small cup for identifying or sorting. Another option is a disk changer.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Jason, I saw it at IDS. Very nice mill comes with a 5kw spindle. also has some interesting options. You can have it set up to mill bar stock and or pucks. Also can come with a parts sorter. So, when milling from a bar, it cuts off the unit and the unit slides into a small cup for identifying or sorting. Another option is a disk changer.

I was watching some of the videos on YouTube. Pretty amazing. Everything was totally automated. I'm sure it's big bucks, but if you have the work load, that one looks like a good choice.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
You know though Bob, putting metal aside, why would someone not opt for multiple desktop dry mills instead of a very expensive larger frames mill for dry milling?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
You know though Bob, putting metal aside, why would someone not opt for multiple desktop dry mills instead of a very expensive larger frames mill for dry milling?

Jason, I'm in total agreement with you. I would definitely get a few desktops for soft dry milling. I never say never to anything. But, I really don't see the need for a Willeman for anything but metal. We seem to be getting some incredible metal from the Imes which cost much less. We shipped a five or six unit screw retained (on five implants) CrCo full contour with facial cut backs on Friday. I think we got a few photos. I'll post some shots next week. The fit was perfect and the mill quality off the Imes was beautiful.
That said, the Willeman is an awesome mill. I think I spent about an hour at IDS watching it change tools and cutting off units. Mesmerizing!

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Where did you get your data on spindle power for metal? Just curious as I have been looking into this.
FYI, the Daytron D5 spindle is 1.7kw.

Sorry, I misread the rated power. It is indeed 5Kw.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
How much is the Dyamach DT2 Dentaleng ? Thanks .

I don't know anything about the DT2. Googled it and came up blank. Anyone have a link to the company.

Top Bottom