best economical and reliable printers

DentalLabHombre

DentalLabHombre

Reaction score
Just wanted to see anyones thoughts on which Printers on the market are the most economical and reliable 3D printers for printing models and surgical guides.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Just wanted to see anyones thoughts on which Printers on the market are the most economical and reliable 3D printers for printing models and surgical guides.
Juell 3D..very accurate

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
lateral resolution is 50 my Z layer is 5 my and accuracy is another thing .

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Juell 3D is for guides and Ortho models only

But no post cure, removing the support etc

It is 15 k

A

Andy S

Reaction score
we currently have two machines, a Stratasys Eden260 that we use for crown/bridge and implant models then we have a Object260 dental selections that we use for our guides and everything else.

DentalLabHombre

DentalLabHombre

Reaction score
Good Afternoon, just wanted to give this bad boy a bump and see if there were any other thoughts. Appreciate the current and past feedback.

DentalLabHombre

DentalLabHombre

Reaction score
Soo, I'm hearing the same thing about service for most of these printers, and that's that there is not any really good reliable service for when printers go down. I'm constantly hearing, "get two". so just in case one goes down. Also what's the best microns for crown and bridge models. I'm hearing 20 on some and 35 from others..

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
We are now distributing the DIGITAL WAX products from DWS Systems. Their line of dental printers cover labs with solutions for orthodontics and another for crown and bridge. SLA technology with a patented BluEdge laser system. Very nice range of materials and colors with a high quality finished surface. Their 029D with curing unit and PC is under $35,000. Check it out.

http://www.axsysdental.com/3Dprinters.html

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
We run an Envisiontec 3Dent for models and a Orthodesk for our guides. 3Dent is reliable and prints as far as I have seen, market leading surface texture. But more importantly it is a very dimensionally accurate printer. the Orthodesk surface is not as great but it is also extremely dimensionally accurate. costs for materials are comparable. running costs are slightly higher on the 3Dent though..

As a side note there is a lot of misinformation out there regarding resolution and z steps when comparing accuracy...This is not a direct correlation. you can have a printer running 50micron voxel width on the x-y with a 50 micron Z step that will be more accurate than a 25 micron x-y Voxel at a 5 micron Z step. These cheaper printers struggle to achieve repeatable accuracy....This is based on my experience dealing with both cheaper and more expensive printers.

Rainbow Machine

Rainbow Machine

Reaction score
I run Stratasys Objet for c&b models, but at 26k (or thereabouts),it isn't as financially viable if only printing ortho or stents. For ortho models and stents, I use the Juell 3D and the Formlabs 2, both of which are great for those cases but not accurate enough for c&b. Multiple printers to do different cases simultaneously. The Objet can print ortho and stents but it demands purging lines which wastes material and time. The Juell and Formlabs have no lines to clog or purge - nice.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Stratasys just released a mid entry level printer. It sit right between the ortho version and the 260, it is starting at 44k to 47k. 26 and 16 microns. Seems to bee a good deal. Looks like the size of the ortho model.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk