Best 2-3 powder ceramic.

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Wanting to differentiate the variety and price of PFM, I will introduce a simple ceramic that gives excellent results using only 2 or 3 powders.
What are in your opinion the best with these features

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Shofu Vintage Halo. I would say Vintage, but for bridges, you will get the occasional cracks on bridges, but not so much with Halo. I like it in that it is a "medium" opacity porcelain, and is pretty forgiving. The Vintage MP paste opaques are pretty nice. You could do your opaque, a ging. body 1/2 step darker, then overlay the Inc with body 1/2 step lighter. Layer the standard Inc over it, and get a nice real close shade result. You could also use the Opals on anteriors - 2nd Bis (maybe go 1/2 shade lighter than the book, as I think they tend to be a little lower value compared to the standard Incisals) and use the standard Inc on the posteriors for more opacity and brightness/contrast. The standard Inc is also cheaper.

I'm not a fan of the MP porcelain. Because I use a wet tray, I've found that if the porc. stays wet for days on end (I have shades that I always keep on a wet tray, just replenishing them as needed) I would get a gray hue to them after they fired.

Last edited:
G

GarryB

Reaction score
Wanting to differentiate the variety and price of PFM, I will introduce a simple ceramic that gives excellent results using only 2 or 3 powders.
What are in your opinion the best with these features

Vita Master is consistent and reliable. For simple build-ups and standard shades, 2 or 3 powders will do it. For more complex cases there are plenty of add on powders.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I would try Shofu's One Shot porcelain.. GC and Ivoclar offers a comparable system..
One Body porcelain for all shades, or in the groups of A,B C, D shades and stain to match. Still use all the different shades of opaques but less dentin and enamels porcelains to stock.
You can still use all the enamels as an option.
I tried GC One Body with Lustre and Ivoclar InLine One which has 6 dentins, 1 bleached. Both of these system match shades very well and save a little time stacking. In my opinion the extra staining time evens out using multi powders.
Maybe other techs will disagree, but there is a saving in $$ of stocking less powders.
Since I've used both Shofu MP and Halo and like the porcelain and shades, I lean towards using Shofu One Body.. Shofu also has a One Body for zirconia...
Haven't tried Shofu One Shot yet,,, maybe a good idea since my pfms are declining some months...

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
It's a oldie but a goodie
Synspar
Works real well with 2-3 powders and has all the modifiers you could want

Top Bottom