Benefits of using CEREC

L

lpdkids

Reaction score
CEREC is an acronym for Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic. CEREC is a dental restoration product that allows a dental practitioner to produce an indirect ceramic dental restoration using a variety of computer assisted technologies, including 3D photography and CAD/CAM. This way it can take quicker photos of your teeth to identify exactly how a crown might fit. The crown is ready for placement in as little as 15 minutes, but the results can last years.

Benefits of using CEREC

-Speed is the first benefit. This high-tech equipment allows us to restore damaged teeth with beautiful custom ceramic crowns in a single visit, completely eliminating the need or multiple appointments over a several week period.

-Precision and accuracy. Because the images taken of your teeth are done at the microscopic level, the plaster impressions are incredibly precise. The data input by your edit is done with the exact same level of precision. This enables the crown or filling to be milled as accurately as possible.

-No danger of cracking. The ceramic material used to create your crown or filling expands and contracts as your natural teeth do, so they are neither too hard nor too soft and they look like your natural teeth.

-Mercury and other toxic metals are replaced by ceramic crowns and fillings and the potential harm cause by these metals is eliminated.

So with all this technology why would you go to a edit who doesn't use it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
That sounds like great stuff - is this available now? My friend Paul need to move his business forward and this new stuff sounds like just the ticket.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Sounds good but I like gold. If my front teeth ever go bad, I'll probably look like Mike Tison (misspelled on purpose :). Gold crowns and inlays/onlays are the best, I hope the docs are listening and it doesn't become a lost art.....

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
CEREC is an acronym for Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic. CEREC is a dental restoration product that allows a dental practitioner to produce an indirect ceramic dental restoration using a variety of computer assisted technologies, including 3D photography and CAD/CAM. This way it can take quicker photos of your teeth to identify exactly how a crown might fit. The crown is ready for placement in as little as 15 minutes, but the results can last years.

Benefits of using CEREC

-Speed is the first benefit. This high-tech equipment allows us to restore damaged teeth with beautiful custom ceramic crowns in a single visit, completely eliminating the need or multiple appointments over a several week period.

-Precision and accuracy. Because the images taken of your teeth are done at the microscopic level, the plaster impressions are incredibly precise. The data input by your family dentist is done with the exact same level of precision. This enables the crown or filling to be milled as accurately as possible.

-No danger of cracking. The ceramic material used to create your crown or filling expands and contracts as your natural teeth do, so they are neither too hard nor too soft and they look like your natural teeth.

-Mercury and other toxic metals are replaced by ceramic crowns and fillings and the potential harm cause by these metals is eliminated.

So with all this technology why would you go to a dental clinic who doesn't use it?

what do you smoke?

Macron Dental Lab

Macron Dental Lab

Reaction score
jajajajajaj. dream,dream,dream nice song.:D

C

charles007

Reaction score
It's a free ad for patients to read...
For the patients reading that free ad, its BS.........

the Cerec in this dental lab forum is better known at the Cerec Craplab....Could there be a reason for that name, since so many labs have already sold their Cerec Inlabs..

Go to EBAY and see how many Cerec machines are for sell this month....... .there's a good
reason for a used product continually being sold on Ebay.....
To be totally fair to the patients readying my post.... many doctors can make very nice crowns with a Cerec having excellent results....and others make very ugly crowns with bad shades and a high failure rates because of bad techniques....And that is part of the reason why so may Used Cerecs are sold....Many Cerec crowns made in the dentlal office without custom staining and look as bad as temparary crowns...
I personally know people that were sold on the one hour crown that broke in less than a year, and the doctor would not replace free.

My $.02 to the patients reading this thread..

P

paulg100

Reaction score
resit..resit..resit the urge to rant!

C

charles007

Reaction score
resit..resit..resit the urge to rant!

OK Paul, your the proud owner of a cerec,, tell us how you really feel....get it out of your system..........I did, and I never owned one...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Anyone catch Lewis Sharp's cerec restoration w/ incoris zirconia abutment in the JDT this month? I thought it looked real nice, no pic of the margins (go figure) but the clinical shots were great.

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
The title of this thread is incomplete, "Benefits of using CEREC................."
fill it in, Ill start:
1. As a Boat Anchor
2. For Target Practice

C

charles007

Reaction score
Paul.... Triple Dog Dare !

You can't walk away from a TDDare

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The title of this thread is incomplete, "Benefits of using CEREC................."
fill it in, Ill start:
1. As a Boat Anchor
2. For Target Practice

3. If the edges weren't so sharp... toilet paper.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
And yet, I always thought some enterprising person could buy up a few of the machines on Ebay and sell to dentists who don't do the volume to buy a machine themselves.
Of course it would be a same day operation but proper scheduling should take care of probs. I even thought about doing that myself but there is a lot of homework to be done. You have to be careful what you are buying.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
And yet, I always thought some enterprising person could buy up a few of the machines on Ebay and sell to dentists who don't do the volume to buy a machine themselves.
Of course it would be a same day operation but proper scheduling should take care of probs. I even thought about doing that myself but there is a lot of homework to be done. You have to be careful what you are buying.

Sounds like a great idea! I'll do my part by giving you a great deal on a "lightly" used Inlab.

Pete

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea! I'll do my part by giving you a great deal on a "lightly" used Inlab.

Pete

Thanks but I'm just spouting off. Of course if that great deal is free I'll take it:)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I so wish I would have seen this before I left work. I have a nice collection of pictures which show the kind of work the sirona system can produce. If I remember I'll post.
For now, my feelings as performed by Michael Scott

[video]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K5d5jxJ5vbM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

don't know how to insert video clip, here's the address,worth the watch!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5d5jxJ5vbM

Will lpdkids be commenting?

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
dont have the energy to vent on this anymore.

Sironas BS and smokescreens have me beat.

To be fair, the system is improving, and in the right hands its capable of some OK results, but for every 1 clinician thats capable, theres 99 that are produing garbage with it.

a quick visit to Cerec doctors will confirm this (although everyone blows smoke up each other there so its all great)

For the few that have the talent to use it effectively, there putting alot of labs work to shame, so those labs need to raise there game.

in terms of a lab system (which the op is not aiming this thread at),there are WAY WAY WAY better systems out there now, and i would not touch craplab with a barge pole. In fact i woud not have touched it to start with, if we hadnt been miss sold it by the UK distributor.

Sirona finally start introducing the features in 4,.0 to produce the work we bought the system for (and were told it can produce),and guess what.. they drop support for our equipment (redcam) so we cant use it any way. Way to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom