bar question

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Does anyone know a place that can make a bar that has 4 Straumann RN and 1 NN implants. Case was sent to Glidewell and they sent it back because of the NN platform.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a place that can make a bar that has 4 Straumann RN and 1 NN implants. Case was sent to Glidewell and they sent it back because of the NN platform.
Did you check with Panthera? They seem to have ways to do anything.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score

My buddy can most likely knock it out for you. I can call you with his info.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
lol really you dont want to send it to mr delorean?

well i can say i don't blame you.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i have no idea what you are referring to

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well, that clears that up.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
CMC cannot mill bars. They outsource to Trucrown.
Even if that's so, why does that not make them an avenue?
We've managed to get CNC to mill bars on odd platforms.
That's considered an option where I come from.

Ps I have no idea what you're referring to. CMC has milled bars for us

P

Periodent

Reaction score
Even if that's so, why does that not make them an avenue?
We've managed to get CNC to mill bars on odd platforms.
That's considered an option where I come from.

Ps I have no idea what you're referring to. CMC has milled bars for us
For me it is important to know where my cases are getting manufactured. When I send a bar case to CMC than I should expect that it is getting processed at there facility in Golden/CO. For whatever reason this is not the case. I don't have a problem that my cases getting send to a domestic subcontractor as long the quality is good. But I have a problem when I learn second hand that my locator bars are milled by another milling center. Why there are not telling me that?Transparency of the process is a key of trust that is important for me and my customers. CMC doesn't have the transparency. Since there are owned by Schein/Zahn, a "Global Player" in the Dental Industry, I would be more concerned where my scanned cases for crowns and bridges are being processed.
Always inspect what you expect!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
For me it is important to know where my cases are getting manufactured. When I send a bar case to CMC than I should expect that it is getting processed at there facility in Golden/CO. For whatever reason this is not the case. I don't have a problem that my cases getting send to a domestic subcontractor as long the quality is good. But I have a problem when I learn second hand that my locator bars are milled by another milling center. Why there are not telling me that?Transparency of the process is a key of trust that is important for me and my customers. CMC doesn't have the transparency. Since there are owned by Schein/Zahn, a "Global Player" in the Dental Industry, I would be more concerned where my scanned cases for crowns and bridges are being processed.
I don't have issue with what you say,
But I reiterate:
We have had good success with CMC.
As long as there's lot # and traceability, I don't give a flying **** about the hand wringing issues.

It's a bit condescending to act like I don't understand due diligence

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score

you're kidding me right? So you're telling me that you expect BMW to tell you that their headlights were made in China and the farm your leather came from?

As long as it's compliant, of the quality you expect and that they are willing to take on all responsibility for what they bill out - why does it matter?

This has nothing to do with HS/Zahn being global about anything.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Starting to sound like DTG in here.

P

Periodent

Reaction score
you're kidding me right? So you're telling me that you expect BMW to tell you that their headlights were made in China and the farm your leather came from?

As long as it's compliant, of the quality you expect and that they are willing to take on all responsibility for what they bill out - why does it matter?

This has nothing to do with HS/Zahn being global about anything.

Based on your statement I conclude that you are not a Lab owner. If I buy a car than I do this for my personal needs and pleasure and do of course my diligence too.

When I sell crowns, bridges, bars, etc. to my customers then I am responsible for those dental restorations that are considered medical devices and therefore must meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration requirements. This includes registration of establishment, listing of devices, 510(k) approval, etc. If CMC can certify the manufacturing process of their products then it would be less concern. Until now CMC is neither ISO nor DAMAS certified.

Ultimately, it’s up to you where you outsource your bar or restorations.