Atlantis abutment prices

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity (sp?),why don't you use a certain interface, and just mill a custom zirconia onto it? (Like the medentica interface). Why use atlantis, it seems a lot more expensive...

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We charge $280 for Atlantis Ti and $370 for Zir. We pass along the shipping fee to the doctor, which is $9.25 since we can scan all our cases now and we charge $21 for a soft tissue model. We don't add any other charges in for fabricating a crown on an implant.

giessener

giessener

Reaction score
Because you can!

We charge 265.00 for small custom cast abutments 285.00 for large. The same opaqued and layered with opacious dentin is 365.00 The soft tissue analog model is 75.00. all parts are billed with 50% added on plus shipping.
Outsourced abutments are billed with 50% added. we add 100.00 to all restorations done on abutments even if its an impression of an abutment.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
When are atlantis going to start billing the dentist direct for the components!!

Or is this how their reps are pushing the system, hey use Atlantis, then the lab gets to carry the bill for all your component costs!!??!

This is HUGE problem with Atlantis in my opinion, small labs DO NOT have the funds to carry component costs, this is the reason we dont push the system.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
@rkm Usually the dentists provide us with the analogs. If not, I order them and tack on 30%.

@paulg100 Why would you want Atlantis to bill the dentists directly? One of the reasons I like Atlantis so much is because they protect the dental laboratory by charging us considerably less for an abutment than they charge a dentist. This allows us to get the abutment from Atlantis for a cheaper price than the dentist could directly and it allows us to make a good profit on the abutment also. What component costs are you referring to Paul?

H

harry1

Reaction score
Just announced, 'AstraZeneca Sells Astra Tech to Dentsply for $1.8 Billion' your thoughts!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"What component costs are you referring to Paul?"

The custom abutments.

When we order our components we normally get them charged direct to the clients account.

Its a great idea to whack a 30% handling fee on providing you have the cash flow to soak this up, otherwise its a complete drain.

Also i know for a fact that the reps in the UK are telling the dentists what the labs are being charged for the abutments, so when they find weve whacked a handling charge on, all it does is cause friction.

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I totally understand the cash flow problem Paul. The 30% mark up is more than a handling fee. We are responsible for the design of the abutment. If the dentist was making all the design decisions, working with the Atlantis techs to approve the abutment design, and taking responsibility if the abutment had to be remade due to design error, then we wouldn't mark up the cost.

I am glad I don't live/work in the UK. My Atlantis rep is awesome.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
we charge a separate fee for the design work.

Thankfully we only have 1 client using Atlantis by his choice, his done exactly what i thought and that is run a big component bill up and not paid our account for 4 months.

and fair play to him, its an obvious thing to do, and i would not be at all surprised if the reps are pointing this out as a benefit of using Atlantis.

Unless Atlantis make some changes to allow direct invoicing to the client like all other implant companies then unfortunate we will not be promoting this system.

Last edited:
subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I like the fact that I have a small profit on the Atlantis abutments. I do get invoices for each case, but I only pay the month end statement which you can pay a month later if you wish ( maybe even longer, but I have not tried that). This way it can take up to two month until the money gets drawn out of your account. This is plenty of time in my book since I am lucky to have very good paying customers. My statements are paid by the 15th or earlier.

J

JB66

Reaction score
Atlantis has a price list for dentists and another one for the lab. They tell you to charge the dentist price. To increase the price some labs invent additonal charges like shipping and/or Atlantis lab service.
How do you charge your clients for Atlantis abutments? Just the recommended price or more????

Isn't there a charge for a secondary abutment? if yes, how much is the charge for that?

S

sturlat

Reaction score
Atlantis has a price list for dentists and another one for the lab. They tell you to charge the dentist price. To increase the price some labs invent additonal charges like shipping and/or Atlantis lab service.
How do you charge your clients for Atlantis abutments? Just the recommended price or more????
THIS IS NOW A OLD TOPIC, BUT I ASK AGAIN. I JUST STARTED TO USE CUSTOMBASES FROM ATLANTIS. WHAT IS THE PRICE FOR A GOLDSHADED Ti BASE in THE US INCLUSIVE SCREW. In Norway we PAY 185 EURO FOR THE BASE. WITH SHIPPING, WE THEN DO THE SCANNING. AND SEND DIGITAL. WHAT DO YOU CHARGE DENTIST FOR THE BASE TODAY IN 2019?

S

sturlat

Reaction score
Ok Understand. I just wondered what you is billed from atlantis, when you order from them. Invoice?

S

sturlat

Reaction score
Or Do any of you have a up to date pricelist from Atlantis?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Atlantis' custom base is our largest selling abutment by far. I average about 50-60 a month. We don't bill separately for the abutment. For all our screw retained cases, we charge a flat fee that includes the abutment, the soft tissue model, the shipping, the crown, and the cementation labor fee. We charge the same whether it is an Atlantis Custom Base or a Straumann Variobase. The Atlantis option is better because the core file generated from the abutment design is outstanding and makes the work flow seamless. The amount you charge is largely dependent on what the market in your area will bear. We charge more than most labs in our area, but we also offer a higher quality restoration than the larger labs. We fill a different niche than the "glidewell" style labs.

Sturlat, one of the best purchases we have made in the last couple of years is a titanium annodizer. It takes about 30 seconds to turn a silver titanium abutment gold. An annodizer costs about $300 and you can easily get that back on the extra charge for that service to your doctors.

K

KC Joe

Reaction score
Atlantis' custom base is our largest selling abutment by far. I average about 50-60 a month. We don't bill separately for the abutment. For all our screw retained cases, we charge a flat fee that includes the abutment, the soft tissue model, the shipping, the crown, and the cementation labor fee. We charge the same whether it is an Atlantis Custom Base or a Straumann Variobase. The Atlantis option is better because the core file generated from the abutment design is outstanding and makes the work flow seamless. The amount you charge is largely dependent on what the market in your area will bear. We charge more than most labs in our area, but we also offer a higher quality restoration than the larger labs. We fill a different niche than the "glidewell" style labs.

Sturlat, one of the best purchases we have made in the last couple of years is a titanium annodizer. It takes about 30 seconds to turn a silver titanium abutment gold. An annodizer costs about $300 and you can easily get that back on the extra charge for that service to your doctors.

Maybe a little bit off topic here...I have a case with a Keystone Genesis 5.5 for tooth #19. The doctor wants a custom titanium abutment w/ an emax crown...only there's not much vertical space really. Normally I would do screw-retained PFM using UCLA technique (I know, old school). Are there other options available? Was going to send this to Atlantis for the Ti abutment anyways, just wondering what I can offer instead of pfm. Thanks.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I do think old school UCLA-pfm might be the best solution in a limited vertical space solution.

Top Bottom