At last it arrived and it is awesome !!!!!!

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Hi evryone ,

At last my mill arrived ! First mill for us and hopefully not last ! After basic training for the CAM and milling , we have milled 24 units in metal , 1 zirc (waiting for the suction , don't have it yet ) , 15 PMMA cast and 1 one-piece custom abutment . Everything is GREAT !!!! Metal is superb !!! 360 sealed margins , excellent fit , no rocking , just perfect !!! I am so thrilled !! Sharp edge zirconia margins . I am so happy with it !!! Next step , custom abutments !!!

Pictures by drizzt85 - Photobucket

Hi Drizzt,

Your mill sounds great, I hope it's not a rude question, but what would something like that cost?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The mill cost us around 80 k euros . Mill , CAM , suction unit and some consumables (cutting tools and discs ) . You will also need a compressor and I needed a sintering furnace as well .

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
The mill cost us around 80 k euros . Mill , CAM , suction unit and some consumables (cutting tools and discs ) . You will also need a compressor and I needed a sintering furnace as well .

Thanks Drizzt,

That is less than I was expecting, I looked at the Yena website, which model did you buy?

Last question, what size lab are you in and what sort of volume will you mill on a daily basis?

Only asking because I'm looking at mills too.

Regards

Adam

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks Drizzt,

That is less than I was expecting, I looked at the Yena website, which model did you buy?

Last question, what size lab are you in and what sort of volume will you mill on a daily basis?

Only asking because I'm looking at mills too.

Regards

Adam

I bought D 40 model , but it is custom made . It has a more powerful spindle , it is 200 kg heavier , and doesn't have the second disc holder . Just one and the design of the rotary table is different , more like DC 40 . We are a 7 person lab , almost 3.000 units yearly . I mill 10-15 metal pieces daily . I will now start promoting zirconium so I these 10-15 units will be divided to metal and zir . I bought the big machine mostly for the capability to mill metal . Also abutment milling is something that I considered dearly before deciding . If I get to mill abutments properly , it will be great . I have seen it done with my machine . Time will tell .

Also , time saving was really important for me . I just want to work less , not 15 hours a day . I now have the framework ready in 1 day . Before the machine I needed 2 and a half days . My motive was not strickly financial . Of course I want to make a profit out of it . And I am . Metal cost me 4-5 euros less per piece . Zirc 20 euros less than before when I was outsourcing .

The machine is really good for the money . At that pricerange ,the only 5 axis , metal milling machine I could only buy imes icore 450i . It is tabletop , 200 kg . Mine is not tabletop and weights 650 kg . As you can see in the pictures , the results are really great . Very happy with it .

Hope that helps .

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I bought D 40 model , but it is custom made . It has a more powerful spindle , it is 200 kg heavier , and doesn't have the second disc holder . Just one and the design of the rotary table is different , more like DC 40 . We are a 7 person lab , almost 3.000 units yearly . I mill 10-15 metal pieces daily . I will now start promoting zirconium so I these 10-15 units will be divided to metal and zir . I bought the big machine mostly for the capability to mill metal . Also abutment milling is something that I considered dearly before deciding . If I get to mill abutments properly , it will be great . I have seen it done with my machine . Time will tell .

Also , time saving was really important for me . I just want to work less , not 15 hours a day . I now have the framework ready in 1 day . Before the machine I needed 2 and a half days . My motive was not strickly financial . Of course I want to make a profit out of it . And I am . Metal cost me 4-5 euros less per piece . Zirc 20 euros less than before when I was outsourcing .

The machine is really good for the money . At that pricerange ,the only 5 axis , metal milling machine I could only buy imes icore 450i . It is tabletop , 200 kg . Mine is not tabletop and weights 650 kg . As you can see in the pictures , the results are really great . Very happy with it .

Hope that helps .

Hi Drizzt,

Yes, very helpful, thank you!

It's always interesting to see what other labs are doing especially with cad/cam.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi Drizzt,

Yes, very helpful, thank you!

It's always interesting to see what other labs are doing especially with cad/cam.

That what I had been doing for the past year and a half ! It is good to know what other labs are doing , but in the end , it is what YOU want and need . Nobody can know better what needs you have than you . Many people would say that I am a small lab for a big machine , but , it works for me .

D

DentureRepair

Reaction score
Glenn again congrats from my side Enjoy.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
god it makes me sick seeing the price your setup cost and the quality the units putting out, when i think we paid the same for our sirona inlab system only a few years ago!

why on earth people still buy that junk when they can get your kinda setup for the same money i have no idea.

given what a mine field dental cad/cam is, its nice to hear when some ones happy with what they got.

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
god it makes me sick seeing the price your setup cost and the quality the units putting out, when i think we paid the same for our sirona inlab system only a few years ago!

why on earth people still buy that junk when they can get your kinda setup for the same money i have no idea.

Funny story . The Greek Sirona dealer , had a slightly used Programat S1 , (only 50 hours of use) , for sale 5 k euros less than the normal price . I bought this unit , and when I was talking to her , she asked me if I had a milling unit . I told her I bought a machine . She replys telling me , "Oh , you know we are selling a milling machine as well '' . I want to be polite so I am telling her I bought a big machine because I want to mill metal . And then , the best joke I have heard in year came .

"OUR MACHINE CAN MILL METAL AS WELL'' !!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I couldn't hold myself so I told her I consider the machine wayyyy overpriced and that everyone who has one , is looking to get rid of it . She didn't have something to say to me .

I don't have any personal experience with inlab , but the fact that everybody here is trashing it and so many units are for sale , speaks for itself .

So far I am really happy with my setup , machine , CAM . The weak part of the chain is CAD , I have some problems with Dental Wings , but this is going to change really soon ! Exocad beware , I am coming for you !!!

P.S. I can give you the rep's phone number . Call her and tell her how much you love your inlab !!! :p

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
IMG_3751.jpg picture by drizzt85 - Photobucket

IMG_3750.jpg picture by drizzt85 - Photobucket

IMG_3749.jpg picture by drizzt85 - Photobucket

IMG_3748.jpg picture by drizzt85 - Photobucket

Hi guys , this is a sample Straumann Bone Level just milled with my machine in 43 minutes . It is a bit rough, not that shiny , but I think this can be easily changed from CAM . Gru sent me the file and I would like to thank him for that !! The fit of the abutment is just perfect !! I am so excited , inhouse abutment milling is not that far ! Yeahhh !!!!!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Awesome!!! I'm curious about something with these wet mills? Is it a major pain to clean the mill up after milling metal? Always worried about milling Zr right after metal. Leaving any trace elements of contamination?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I can't say that cleaning after wet milling is a job done in 5 minutes . It takes me 25 min to clean it after wet milling . If hou are careful , no contamination . I am working on something that will have it cleaned in 5 min , when I am ready I will post pics . But trully, since metal jobs turning out so great , I don't mind spendind 25 minutes to clean the machine . And if abutment milling works as I plan , I will buy a small machine , most likely yeandent D 43 and use it only for dry milling , and the big machine for metal milling .

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Awesome, when you get the cam to smooth out the interface more please share a picture.

I just purchased the ELOS Eng library and scan locator's and hope to be doing this in the future. Right now its just for zircon bridges straight to the fixture.

Thanks for sharing!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Awesome, when you get the cam to smooth out the interface more please share a picture.

I just purchased the ELOS Eng library and scan locator's and hope to be doing this in the future. Right now its just for zircon bridges straight to the fixture.

Thanks for sharing!
Did you buy the full library with interfaces? I was told if not, that the milling center has to use their interface cad..

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yes I bought the full library

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing!

I purchased gt-medical library and scan jigs . I am waiting for them . When I fix the thing with Cam it will be perfect. Fit was perfect so finishing of the metal is a minor inconvinience . I will post pics when I am ready .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

I was wondering what is the thinest metal framework a milling machine or a laser sintering machine can produce ? I am now milling 0.3-0.35 with my machine . Can I go less even than that ?

drizzt85

drizzt85

drizzt85

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks . I try not to have less than 12 mm2 . So I guess it will be at least that . Maybe the premolar-molar connector is 11 or something like that .