At last it arrived and it is awesome !!!!!!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi evryone ,

At last my mill arrived ! First mill for us and hopefully not last ! After basic training for the CAM and milling , we have milled 24 units in metal , 1 zirc (waiting for the suction , don't have it yet ) , 15 PMMA cast and 1 one-piece custom abutment . Everything is GREAT !!!! Metal is superb !!! 360 sealed margins , excellent fit , no rocking , just perfect !!! I am so thrilled !! Sharp edge zirconia margins . I am so happy with it !!! Next step , custom abutments !!!

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j433/drizzt85/

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yenadent D 40 custom made.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
That's right Scott , like a kid playing with a new toy !! When it arrived and the crane moved it up to the lab it was like christmas!!! I just sit and watch it while it is milling ? Am I going mad?LOL

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Congratulations! Enjoy your new mill!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I think I am going to mill most of my PFM metal frames .

It is not that expensive to mill them .

At last it is not more expensive than the traditional ways . And it is a lot faster . Abutment was milled in 32 minutes out of CrCo , 2 four unit bridges milled in 2 and a half hours !

But the thing I really want to do is to mill abutments . Only CAD missing to do that ! I milled a file someone else sent me . It was an Astra , but unfortunately I don't have an analogue to check the fit of the platform . I am waiting for it .

Does anybody has a Straumann bone level 3.8 or synocta STL file to send me ?

Last edited:
nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
I think I am going to mill most of my PFM metal frames .

Does anybody has a Straumann bone level 3.8 or synocta STL file to send me ?

Great news for you Dimitri, I suppose. I wish you a very good luck with your new mill!
I'm sending you a file that you asked for in a while

Καλορίζικο!!!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
fits look very nice.

Guess the Greek economy cant be all the bad if labs there are buying this kinda a gear!

re the zr hybrid abutment in pic 21, you really think that design is gonna be strong enough in ZR? theres no way id trust that kinda of design unless it was in metal.

Last edited:
nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
Guess the Greek economy cant be all the bad if labs there are buying this kinda a gear!

My friend, greek economy and greek society is collapsing day by day. But the dental field is one of tha last remaining in a good situation.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
fits look very nice.

re the zr hybrid abutment in pic 21, you really think that design is gonna be strong enough in ZR? theres no way id trust that kinda of design unless it was in metal.

My opinion is that during financial crisis , many opportunities can occur . I hope I made the right choice . I prefered investing in a mill and upgrading my quality . Other labs in my area can't follow . I was lucky enough and I worked hard for that . So the plan is to grow . We will see how that will end up . I have a good feeling .

By the way , only one word about fits . AMAZING !!!!

As for the abutment it is not Zr , it is e.max ! This is a beta case , we informed dr and patient of that and they agreed . If it fails we will make a new one no charge .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Great news for you Dimitri, I suppose. I wish you a very good luck with your new mill!
I'm sending you a file that you asked for in a while

Καλορίζικο!!!

Thank you Nikos !!!! I am milling the file as we speak !!!!!!!! I will send you some pics when it is over , seated on an analogue .

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
congrats... very exciting stuff! which CAM software are you using?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Very exciting !!!! CAM software is YenaCam,AKA picafoft. I don't have any other CAM experience but I like it , it is easy .

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
great Drizzt. u made us all excited. congrats. :) :)

nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
Thank you Nikos !!!! I am milling the file as we speak !!!!!!!! I will send you some pics when it is over , seated on an analogue .

Well, Dimitri did u have a satisfying result with the RN file?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Well, Dimitri did u have a satisfying result with the RN file?

As I told you on the phone I need to adjust CAM a bit in order to achieve a satisfying result . It was not bad , but it was not perfect . It was a nice test though ! Thanks again for the file !