Articulator Paper Marks on Models

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
Besides a dental steamer because we are still looking for one, how is everyone removing articulator paper marks on models. We use the Arti-FOL red articulating paper and boy does it stay on those models. Even using our boil-out and stuff, you still have to really brush to get it off. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Besides a dental steamer because we are still looking for one, how is everyone removing articulator paper marks on models. We use the Arti-FOL red articulating paper and boy does it stay on those models. Even using our boil-out and stuff, you still have to really brush to get it off. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!
Did you try dish soap?

I leave it on there. On purpose. I want them to know I checked.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I clean my working models but leave any residual marks for the same reason as JMN.
My quad check models have no marks when delivered.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
edit: I need to remember what sub forum things are posted in,
Removables, my advice was a bit off, geared more for Crown & Bridge.
But for opposings, use a die/stone sealer like ADS sells.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The magic eraser will take 90% of it off, unless your stone is very porous. I prefer to send it back clean, but still show the contacts. The biggest problem with the magic erasers is they dont last long unless you really baby them, but it doesnt take much effort to clean it off.
Works well with warm water to clean off polish too.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The magic eraser will take 90% of it off, unless your stone is very porous. I prefer to send it back clean, but still show the contacts. The biggest problem with the magic erasers is they dont last long unless you really baby them, but it doesnt take much effort to clean it off.
Works well with warm water to clean off polish too.
They do disintegrate quick, but man they work great on a lot of things.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If you can find a wholesale supplier you can get sheets of it on the cheap, but I dont go through them that fast. Melamine foam its called

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
get a Reliable steamer. fairly cost effective, works GREAT, and takes off those pesky marks.
i use AccuFilm II red/black double sided

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
get a Reliable steamer. fairly cost effective, works GREAT, and takes off those pesky marks.
i use AccuFilm II red/black double sided

What would a 'reliable steamer' be? What do you use? These steamers are so expensive, sometimes hard to justify the cost.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
What would a 'reliable steamer' be? What do you use? These steamers are so expensive, sometimes hard to justify the cost.
its actually called "Reliable" lol
i wasnt just making it up

http://www.absolutemed.com/picts/products/tnw800-i500AB.jpg

call Nowak, they sell them. i cant believe i didnt snag one sooner. few diff models to choose from, but i got the most basic model. i dont need it for much other than steaming a few models.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Steamers are handy, but its a pain having to use distilled water. They also dont last incredibly long if they are on all day everyday. And be careful steaming crowns, they will either shoot away or sometimes crack if you overdo it.

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
I leave them on the model if the marks don't come off after a quick wash. Anything more aggressive will modify the model which makes it useless if needed again. After all I don't sell models I sell CROWNS. The model is a throw away tool.
I would rather deliver just the crown and throw the models out or hold them for a time instead of cleaning them, packaging and delivery. But the dentists want them for a check if needed and then throw them out.
The model thing is a necessary evil but a waste of material and time which I try to minimize.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Steamers are handy, but its a pain having to use distilled water. They also dont last incredibly long if they are on all day everyday. And be careful steaming crowns, they will either shoot away or sometimes crack if you overdo it.
i dont use distilled water. never cracked a crown. and for a small lab i fill my steamer maybe twice a week. plastic college pliers work well to hold crowns. cut a groove in each side to help hold them well if the grooves arent deep enough

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I leave them on the model if the marks don't come off after a quick wash. Anything more aggressive will modify the model which makes it useless if needed again. After all I don't sell models I sell CROWNS. The model is a throw away tool.
I would rather deliver just the crown and throw the models out or hold them for a time instead of cleaning them, packaging and delivery. But the dentists want them for a check if needed and then throw them out.
The model thing is a necessary evil but a waste of material and time which I try to minimize.
how many of your clients look at the models? about 95% of the time mine are never unwrapped or taken out of the box.

Top Bottom