Argen Noble Crown NF???

D

department19972

Reaction score
I use callisto cp+ with induction casting and it works very well with ceramco 3. It is mainly a base metal and can be tough to use if you push it like a higher pd alloy. It turns green and has a heavy oxide, but turns out a fine crown. i guess i get more units out of an ounce too, as the density is quite low. I've been paying around $250 an ounce for the past 8 months or so and this is their fixed price, which is nice as it helps me to have consistent pricing to my accounts.

ODSA, call it quits. No alloy should be this difficult. Aaron, your input is appreciated, but your company is marketing an alloy that has seen spare success. Also, what you said in your post is almost verbatim what I was told when I called Argen for support. I am guessing here, but I suspect you've had about a 10-15% success rate, and mostly with larger labs.

Most labs cannot afford to overhaul their systems, and purge their ovens constantly. No alloy should require that its user walk on eggshells and perform a series of incantations over the casting pit to make it work. Noble NF is a Base Alloy that can be sold as Semi because it contains Pd. But non-precious alloys perform 10 times better. What does it cost a lab to switch to Noble NF? I'd like to see the stat's on that.

Some effort should be made by Argen to explore why some have found success where so few have. We all followed the same instructions...

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Sean and John, thank you for the great feedback! it is wonderful to hear that the Argenco Y+ is fitting nicely in your labs "tool box" for an alternative metal to high gold full cast. It is a pleasure to serve top notch clients like you all! make it a great Thursday :)

B

Bamblynn

Reaction score
We are using the NF METAL and have constant issues. Also issues with casting electronicly. Do most use torch casting for rhis metal? Cracking is a daily issue We are uaing vita porcelain. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i have used many alloy companies over the course of 15 years....but like most of what Argen offers. however i will agree with those whom stated constant issues with the NF. there are other allows (Ivoclars Callisto) that try the same thing but the results are about equal.....inconsistent at best. def not what you should be using for any quality restorations. stick with an NP if youre looking to go the "cheap" route or stick with a true semiprecious if you want those properties. sorry Aaron! i truly do love Argen alloys!

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
FYI. If you do have good results with NoblecrownNF but would like to see less of an oxide. You may want to consider our new metal NOBLEBOND. less expensive. Flat priced. And it is good for pressing and chemically superior than other high PD noble alloys for use as a crown over a titanium implant.

Here is a link to our YouTube video on casting Noblebond. This method should also be used with NoblecrownNF
How To Cast NobleBond by Argen - YouTube

I have lots of info to help guide and many resources to use these metals properly. Contact me anytime!