• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all Scan Bodies Alike?

Discussion in 'Open Implants' started by Tom Hagen, May 31, 2017.

1. Mike2

Mike2 Active Member Full Member

Well I will offer another CONTENDER whom won't even enter this ring as their marketing only matches their dillusion and deception in my market........Straumann is now offering me free scann bodies if I buy 25 of their bases, Medentika will be milling Custom abuts for them and they would be close to matching the pricing currently available from the other big boys, DESS is great value have used their products and spoke with Keith(very knowledgeable), I do have all the nT bodies so I still use them as to not re-purchase scan bodies.

2. Tom Hagen

Tom Hagen Member Sponsors Full Member

Hey All,
      Sorry I was traveling and didn't realize how this thread is almost going viral down the path of the unknown. Keith, again thanks for your participation. You are helping to bring DLN members to our Open Implant threads. I'm new to DLN and need to learn the rules, apparently none or very few.
      Keith, the "MAN" I think we will just need to agree to disagree on this one. You obviously feel strongly that your stuff is fine as is and I'm very happy you feel that way. I am working with some brilliant people that feel differently and I 100% agree with them. And, OI is really not about the scan body but much much more as you will see in the coming months. We are about providing digital solutions and components for implant restorations so labs, dentists, and patients will have a better experience at a reasonable cost.
      On another note, I really don't know what you are doing here besides posting to deceive the DLN population that probably supports you. Not good, starting rumors or lying about HS and OI, really childish and everyone here understands this 100%. Why don't you contribute to the knowledge base of the forum? Is it not what DLN is about? Perhaps you can provide some actual metrics (rather than hearsay) on how many or few peek scan bodies have been distorted due to malalignment. Let's see the documentation on the complaints as needed for FDA.

OK, No need for secrets, fully "OPEN" ownership disclosure on Open Implants. I am a part owner with a European partner mechanical engineer and years of dental background. There are also two additional silent independent partners. HS, Zahn and CAP have NO, Zero% ownership stake in Open Implants, period. We wanted to be hyper focused on bringing the industry the best one can offer at really competitive pricing. We also wanted to work with a distributor as that piece is not within our core competency. When looking for a distributor, why not go with the largest? That is how it all came together.
      Keith, when it comes to OI, prior to starting new rumors about things you have zero knowledge about you should PM me and I will provide the info. This will certainly make you look less foolish.

BTW, the free kits with a purchase program is going very very well. We are now in production of more scan bodies as we don't want to run out. You are all welcome to have a kit for free with a minimum purchase. The complete DME files are 3Shape ready also available on the OI website. Exocad DME files will be available in two weeks.
      For more details go to:
      www.openimplants.com

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. CatamountRob
      Dead

CatamountRob Banned Member Full Member

There are very few rules here but for the most part we don't stray too far from what's acceptable. We do tend to go off topic in threads rather easily but eventually it usually comes back around.
      I don't know that any rule exists that prevents it, but in my opinion it's really, really bad form for one sponsor to trash another in a sponsor forum. It would be different if you venture out into the open forums but it shouldn't happen here. My .02.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. 2thm8kr
      Devilish

2thm8kr Beanosavedmysociallife Full Member

Thanks Travis!

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. CatamountRob
      Dead

CatamountRob Banned Member Full Member

If I were Travis, your sorry a$$ would be banned!
      .... again.

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. 2thm8kr
      Devilish

2thm8kr Beanosavedmysociallife Full Member

Sorry Travis, won't happen again.

7. BobCDT

BobCDT Well-Known Member Full Member

Hi All,
      At CAP we are promoting the Open Implant product line. It's really nice and fits into our digital materials product line. As far as I know, HS has nothing to do with the ownership of Open Implants. The parts are all totally unique from any I have ever seen so it's doightful these are Zahn branded parts in an OI package.

8. Tom Hagen

Tom Hagen Member Sponsors Full Member

HI Bernard, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I'm not exactly sure what you need.
      Our library is available for free at openimplants.com/downloads
      Regarding the X,Y,Z reference, the stl file comes out in a certain coordinate system. What is a proper data that you are requesting? If you can explain perhaps we can get this done and work together.