• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all Scan Bodies Alike?

Discussion in 'Open Implants' started by Tom Hagen, May 31, 2017.

1. Tom Hagen

Tom Hagen Member Sponsors Full Member

Absolutely NOT… So what is the difference? How do you make the best possible scan body? Before getting into details, it’s important to note, many companies are looking to maximize profits thus cutting corners to reduce manufacturing costs. This results in selling you parts that wear out over time. You may not even realize it until you have returns and remakes.

Open Implants (OI) has reengineered the scan body which enables it to be highly precise (ensuring precision), long lasting and easily identifiable. The OI scan body is made from 3 different components; requiring pre-assembly by OI. WHY, because this is the optimal design for you, the end user. To optimize this component OI put the several engineering heads together and came out with a best in class scan body.

This begins with providing a titanium interface that precisely fits into the implant and or analog. When utilizing an all plastic or peek scan body, it’s very easy to screw in place and not have the engaging interface correctly aligned. When torquing the screw, this deforms the scan body interface geometry permanently. When this deformity goes unnoticed, it will cause continued rotational problems as the scan body can be easily malaligned once deformed.Laser engraving is performed on each titanium scan body interface. This four digit code makes for easy platform identification. No mix ups with OI scan bodies!

Next, machined from Peek, is the coronal portion of the scan body. ‘Peek’, a highly effective dental material, has been proven to scan optimally in all scanners. The design geometry of the Peek element of the scan body has been engineered to offer best in class digital alignment of the scan data. Finally, a manufacturer like a screw is screwed to the implant with a manufacturer type driver. Once assembled, the screw is retained in the scan body, avoiding loss or even worse, swallowed or inhaled by the patient. All OI scan bodies are FDA compliant for intraoral use.

For more information on OI scan body kits or individual parts please visit:

http://www.openimplants.com/scanbodies.html
      We are also running a promotion to get free scan kits into all the labs that want the best in implant components.

Or feel free to contact me directly.
      Tom
      W-727-221-4519
      [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    2. JMN
      Curious

JMN Christian Member Donator Full Member

I've got to tell you, you are getting very impressive. Very pleased to be seeing the thought and effort that is being put into your product lines. Thanks for joining our little band of misfit tooth geeks.

3. bernigts
      Cool

bernigts Active Member Sponsors Full Member

DO you sell of give the library for your scanbody?
      What about being a milling center, do you offer the X, Y, Z reference files so when a customer use your scanbody and send me their STL file i have the proper data or do I have to create the library myself like all other scanbdoy?

Thanks
      (They look nice btw)

4. CoolHandLuke
      Fiendish

CoolHandLuke Well-Known Member Full Member

>elos, nt, 3i, medentika, and a bunch of others are made of peek, and ti bases.
      >yours are also made of peek and ti bases.

what does this mean

your link 404'd

edited to add: curious why your geometry is uniform instead of nonsymmetrical. surely this introduces scan error instead of detracts from it.

5. Tom Hagen

The engaging (or apical) part of the scan body is Titanium. The scan part (or coronal portion) is peek. As you may know, peek is much softer than titanium. If someone screws an all peek scan body to an analog or implant incorrectly they will easily deform the peek interface. Once deformed, one can or will have rotational problems with subsequent usage. When using a scan body with titanium interface it is much more difficult to screw it in place incorrectly.
      Using the two piece body cost more to manufacturer but is far superior and longer lasting.

6. Tom Hagen

We give it for free at www.openimplants.com