Anyone Milling Emax/Origin machine

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hi, jamie. Thanks for the input. If i seem gruff, it's because I just found this forum and have some venting to do!! Don't take it personal. Ive been using the sirona inlab for 4 years (unfortunately) . What we have found is the sirona reps and marketing team hyped this system up to be the end all of "old and outdated" techniques. They said it will mill out accurate margins. The software was of course programmed by the best with lab input to ensure its ease of use and that any bum off the street could use and create great crowns with. They forgot to add that only a Sirona approved prep would qualify, and that even then the outcome will need 5-10 minutes of seating. 9 out of 10 inLab techs you ask if they like it will say "it's okay" the first time. Ask them 3 months later and they'll tell you it isn't working out so well, that's from my own survey. I've had my hand held by the Patterson techs, reps and managers to try and get what was marketed to us and even had the hole thing refurbished and nothing has ever achieved that promise, not even close. We, like many of our doctors that bought the system, use the machine cause we paid a ton of money for it. We've switched everything to pressed e.max and outsourced zirconia.
On a positive note, the final e.max restoration was great (with 3.65, I don't understand why doctors love the biogeneric. I'm still waiting for a usable proposal).
Well, I think thats it.
Good night.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
hi ***, please read the scientific data on marginal fit and not the blurb on my website. besides, what you have quoted above doesn't make me wrong. also, it's not my opinion it is research that i am quoting.

I really don't care what the "scientific data" says. I can see the results from working with the machine, and it's not great. The redcam was a joke, and while the bluecam is better, for a vast majority of the preps that come in, it can't handle it that well.

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
milling emax

Hi I am brand new to this site, I have just come across it and there is a lot of knowledge to gain form here. When it comes to milling glass ceramic the type of machine goes a long ways in the type of product you get. We purchased a dmg ultrasonic 20 with linear ways; this is an 8000lbs machine. This is one of the most accurate machines available. We average about 20 minutes for cutting an emax crown and it requires very little hand work and leaves a very nice margin line. The cutting strategy is a grinding strategy and we use specially made cutter for grinding the glass with the ultrasonic. The ultrasonic reduces the cutting pressure keeping it from fracturing. I have been in manufacturing for 15 years though I am pretty new to the dental side. When cutting easily machined material small machines may compete but there is no comparison when you get into something like emax.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Hi I am brand new to this site, I have just come across it and there is a lot of knowledge to gain form here. When it comes to milling glass ceramic the type of machine goes a long ways in the type of product you get. We purchased a dmg ultrasonic 20 with linear ways

That's the way to do it.

What's the name of your lab and where are you?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
There is one in VA...Protec ceramics.....another in PA at Recigno.

I wish I had the $$. I'll wait for the repo man to come get one and buy that cheap. (or not?)

A

arnie16403

Reaction score
I am located in the northwest corner of Pa. about 30 miles south of Lake Erie. We are a milling center and trying to just focus on offering milling services. The name of are milling center is TruCrown, We did a lot of research before purchasing a mill and to purchase a top end mill with robotics with the idea of offer milling services to lab that not everyone can offer. We don't want to become a full service lab we just want to assist labs with the hope everyone can benefit form it.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I am located in the northwest corner of Pa. about 30 miles south of Lake Erie. We are a milling center and trying to just focus on offering milling services.

We don't want to become a full service lab we just want to assist labs with the hope everyone can benefit form it.

Kudos to you for that. It takes some major courage to dip your toe into that pool right now! Good luck and keep us posted on how things go.

C

CHIVEINLAB

Reaction score
Monster

What a great comments from all of you guys, I learned a lot. Yes, we are also driving small car right next you guys, however I really like to get out of this highway, if I can, can I ? This milling business is monster I'm not talking about cookies monster, I'm talking about Dough monster, lots.. lots.....lots of dough....OTL

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_millingcash.jpg

WOW......I need get into this printing business (><)
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_millingcash.jpg