Anyone casting to TI interface?

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
If cut a horizontal and vertical retention groves, it's not going to fail. No matter what oxide forms.
My two cents! Mill customs is my choice
Mine also. But I always get a screw retained request. I believe screw retained is kinder to the surounding tissue

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to hide or b deceive. If I thought what I was trying was going to cause lawsuit I wouldn't do it. Have you never experimented in the lab
Nope. I use d.sign porcelain on d.sign alloys, e.max ceram on e.max, the correct stains and glazes. I'm really good at following directions, not so good at the scientist thing.

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Not trying to anger anyone. Just think outside of the box every once in a while

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Nope. I use d.sign porcelain on d.sign alloys, e.max ceram on e.max, the correct stains and glazes. I'm really good at following directions, not so good at the scientist thing.

That makes trouble shooting and working with Tech support so much easier when things come up. It takes some of the variables out of the picture when working with 2-3 different materials on a crown, of what or "who" caused the issue.

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
I
That makes trouble shooting and working with Tech support so much easier when things come up. It takes some of the variables out of the picture when working with 2-3 different materials on a crown, of what or "who" caused the issue.
I agree. Which is why I discussed this with dr before doing what I did

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
If
I
if we always follow directions how will we discover new techniques. Not trying to reinvent the wheel just exploring options

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Not trying to anger anyone. Just think outside of the box every once in a while
Doubt anyone is mad in the sense of anger.
I was making a reference to a previous member who used to call us all mad scientists.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
just recently did a high noble over a tibase with Argen, turned out nice.. I set it up as slm, but they did it as DPM.. strauman synocta, screw retained..
they don't have pricing set up for it, and bitched a little about me doing it.. but they are about to get a few more :D
so i'm thinking they might want to figure out a code and pricing.
they do CrCo the same way, so it really isn't a stretch for them

wax n cast.. then bond to the Ti Base.. easy

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Doubt anyone is mad in the sense of anger.
I was making a reference to a previous member who used to call us all mad scientists.
Sounds like a smart man. Ha!ha

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I

Yes, and I agree with you :) I have a account that will occasionally ask, "can you...?" and I usually follow it up with, "yes (if it is truly workable) but I can't warranty it". Otherwise, I have him send it out to one of the "mega labs" who may have done it 100 times before.

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
Yes, and I agree with you :) I have a account that will occasionally ask, "can you...?" and I usually follow it up with, "yes (if it is truly workable) but I can't warranty it". Otherwise, I have him send it out to one of the "mega labs" who may have done it 100 times before.
mega labs. Ha

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
....and people are worried about sending stuff to China because they don't know what they are getting....

This is why the FDA or some other Federal agency will eventually be more involved in dental labs.

They probably have drones.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Have cast gold adpt ucla interfaces but not tried ti
Don't try. No bond because oxides ( heavy). Also titanium fired over 882 degrees Celsius has a phase transformation which changes it (becomes brittle). And there will be too much difference in CTE between the two alloys ( this will cause lots of tension during cooling).

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Metal stuck to metal stuck to porcelain...what will they think of next? What's next custom made Ti abutments? So much information and so little space to store it. A conundrum.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
If

if we always follow directions how will we discover new techniques. Not trying to reinvent the wheel just exploring options

Experimenting on things not going into an unwilling uninformed patient's mouth would be a place to start.