angled abutment

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
So I need to make a 3 unit bridge on two abutments. One is angled. Will the 3shape software allow me to do this ? Will I need different scan bodies ?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Which implant manufacturer?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So I need to make a 3 unit bridge on two abutments. One is angled. Will the 3shape software allow me to do this ? Will I need different scan bodies ?

Dunno with 3shape Dontknow...it's a piece of cake with exo :D I have only one scanbody (of each platform) for all manufacturers I'm dealing with...

A

adl

Reaction score
You don't need different scan bodies and you don't need more than 1 if it's the same platform. Just follow the instructions on the top left.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Same markers are used for any type of implant, just the platform size matter. You can have 3shape group the abutments so if you change the angle on one the other(s) will correct so they all stay parallel with eachother. Or if you have a stock angled abutment you can simply design the custom one to be the same draw, you just need to play with it until you have it parrallel. It is very easy.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Same markers are used for any type of implant, just the platform size matter. You can have 3shape group the abutments so if you change the angle on one the other(s) will correct so they all stay parallel with eachother. Or if you have a stock angled abutment you can simply design the custom one to be the same draw, you just need to play with it until you have it parrallel. It is very easy.
I'm always trying to figure out how to make two abuts parallel. I have them grouped but then what? When I design it doesn't group them together. Any more specifics?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm always trying to figure out how to make two abuts parallel. I have them grouped but then what? When I design it doesn't group them together. Any more specifics?
Are you selecting robotic abutment? They should group once you create them in a group in the order manager.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

In the order form select the two abutment you want in the group then to the right where the + is at the bottom there is a grouping, either create or add them to a existing group, but I find it best to set the order up right before scanning, seems it doesn't like to change once scanned.