All things GC Initial

designasmile

designasmile

Reaction score
Does anyone have a shade conversion for OM-1, 2 & 3 using the GC ZR - FS porcelain?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone , latest case , six unit zirconia bridge , layered with GC Initial Zr Fs

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Thanks your help. I thinking and i will buy a Zubler Vario 200ZR ;)

Another question, somebody firing GC MC in VITA 6000M? What three lift positon is good for drying? Now i use 25% 44% 65%.

I like it!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Hey all , 8 zirconia crowns , layered with GC Initial Zr Fs

My first try on crack lines !

Awesome work! How are you liking GC compared to shofu etc.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Awesome work! How are you liking GC compared to shofu etc.?

Thanks Jason !

I really like GC overall . Mostly on posterior . Very small shrinknage , my occlusal anatomy stays in place , I stoped using a needle bur to highlight it . But for anterior I haven't still found the recipe to make them look as I want them . At least I am struggling with the one bake thechnique . I miss OE1 form Ivoclar . I have made some mixes , but it is not the same . And I use it a lot . For e.max , I am making a mix of OE1 and Violet , as maestro Ubassy taught me . This creates a mass that absorbs light , and is giving this greyish-bluish effect that natural teeth , especially centrals , have .

For Shofu I like superlucent and the bluw opal , and for Noritake the Aqua Blue powder . With GC I just have to try harder to achieve a nice result . I am sure I am missing something , as I see everyday amazing cases with this system , and I think I need more training . Inside powders are awesome , and this is what makes Initial system stand out of the competition IMO . Many times we don't give too much attention to the cervical area , and most of the times , this area is a win or lose thing , especially for posterior .

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I agree. I loved OE3. I'm trying to use EO15 in its place but not getting that contrast pop I like where the triangular ridge meets the occlusal table. I haven't tried any of the EOP ceramics in that situation yet.

The CT porcelains really help out around the cervical but I still need a lot of time with the system to really get it down.

The Translucent modifiers come in handy too. There is a nice blue, TM-01, that I use a bit.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I agree. I loved OE3. I'm trying to use EO15 in its place but not getting that contrast pop I like where the triangular ridge meets the occlusal table. I haven't tried any of the EOP ceramics in that situation yet.

The CT porcelains really help out around the cervical but I still need a lot of time with the system to really get it down.

The Translucent modifiers come in handy too. There is a nice blue, TM-01, that I use a bit.

I am also using the TM powders , especially TM-01 as you do also , and TM-03 for mamelons . I use CT a lot on the incisal , whenever I want a yellowish transparent mass , like those you cans see on natural teeth , upper centrals mostly .

Overall I think it is a complete kit , but I don't think it is suits my style or what I have been taught in any case . I tried Noritake CZR and liked it a lot , and I will also give a shot at Heraceram . I took a course with Paul Fiechter for the metal ceramic porcelain , and I was amazed how easily I produced a nice result .

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The only way ive found to get that white 'pop' is the eo 15 and some odm 1, white modifier.. The EOPs are good but not concentrated white. the book recommends eo15 for cusp tips.. I think it is a complete kit, but the colors are very subtle and you have to do a lot of mixing sometimes... I would like to see them come out with some new colors.. this system has been out for almost 15 years or so now, and theyve never added anything but the clf win, changed the tm01 to an actual blue.. and added the chroma modifiers... as far as I know.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I really like the Eo-15 for the cusps . But I am not applying it everywhere . I leave some areas with enamel and others with EO-15 . It looks less intense that way , and not monochromatic .

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I really like the Eo-15 for the cusps . But I am not applying it everywhere . I leave some areas with enamel and others with EO-15 . It looks less intense that way , and not monochromatic .
Eo-15 is a sweet powder... I haven't figured out how to create a similar powder with inline yet :( oe-4 is just toooo white.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Eo-15 is a sweet powder... I haven't figured out how to create a similar powder with inline yet :( oe-4 is just toooo white.
I used OE3 a lot for that with inline

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yeah OE3 works great for me also with inline .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey all ,

Two zirconia bridges , layered with GC Initial Zr Fs . Hope to get some intraoral pics as well on that one !

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Notice how all these big cases show up on a Monday?:D

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Yeah , pure luck ! It has nothing to do that we work during the weekend to get them done !

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I found it to be the only time I had to work on these cases.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I found it to be the only time I had to work on these cases.

It is midnight here and just finished the first bake for 6 anterior , part of a FMR with 26 single crowns . No time all day long , so I had to start building at 9 o clock , after employes left and phone stopped ringing . This sucks !!!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I had a huge account for fifteen years that lost his mind and I had to let him go. Now I have replaced him with four newer accounts. I have been running like crazy for the past six months dealing with these new guys. I can't get anything done during the day. Driving me crazy lol. I feel your pain

Top Bottom