Adding to Full Contour Zirconia

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I have a case that needs to add some length on the incisal. Its Argen Anterior Zirconia. I needs about 1mm on the lateral.

What porcelain would you recommend using?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Emax ceram will work nicely. GC Lisi, also

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I have a case that needs to add some length on the incisal. Its Argen Anterior Zirconia. I needs about 1mm on the lateral.

Do you have any porc that you've layered on zirc before? Should work on anterior also.

And to add to doug's list, VM9, CZR, 3G also.

You may want to feather back the Incisal a bit, not just add to the edge.

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score

Like Ps2thtech said, you want to use existing incisal edge as a butt support. You can use high or low fusing ceramics, what ever you're used to and glaze after as the same. Won't be as strong as your first plan but if function doesn't pose a problem you'll be fine. Hey, until recently, all our incisal edges weren't as strong as our new monolithic edge designs by a long shot [emoji4]

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Like Ps2thtech said, you want to use existing incisal edge as a butt support. You can use high or low fusing ceramics, what ever you're used to and glaze after as the same. Won't be as strong as your first plan but if function doesn't pose a problem you'll be fine. Hey, until recently, all our incisal edges weren't as strong as our new monolithic edge designs by a long shot [emoji4]
Sorry, ps2thtec for typo[emoji53]

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Mix your low fusing porcelain such as Emax ceram with GC lustre paste ln.
Fire on the Emax glaze or GC cycle.

Last edited:
S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Thanks, I wasn't sure if you could use Emax porcelain with Zirconia.

I used Wieland Zirlux before. But I don't have it anymore. Got away from layering on Zirconia ever since the High Trans Zirconia came out.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, I wasn't sure if you could use Emax porcelain with Zirconia.

I used Wieland Zirlux before. But I don't have it anymore. Got away from layering on Zirconia ever since the High Trans Zirconia came out.

Don't forget to slow cool!

Since you are adding very little volume, the discrepancy in the cooling process is even bigger...