Abutment

N

Nicolai

Reaction score
does anyone make a 1 piece custom shade ceramic abutment? no pre-fab! and hand stack the porcelain!

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
GC Aadva, Nobel Procera to a certain extent. Nobel makes zirconia abutments with a removable (press fit) metal interface for Active, Replace, Straumann and Camlog. Zirconia abutments for Branemark implants are through and through zirconia.

N

Nicolai

Reaction score
these are all prefabricated only able to adjust the angle minimally. Im talking about a true one off custom ceramic abutment. No staining of the shoulder, the whole thing is built in the color of the restoration.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Atlantis, GC Aadva, Nobel Procera all CAD, however you like them to look like. Atlantis lets you take control of the design through an online 3d editor (free). GC and Procers can copy mill your wax up

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Forgot, GC has 10 different shades

N

Nicolai

Reaction score
Haha 10 different shades perfect! Those are such great limits. I forgot that there was only 10 shades possible. And these are all milled. Last person I knew of making a truly custom one piece without usig milling is David Guelde, the article was in Spectum magazine sometime in 2002.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Nicolai,

they only way your gonna get what i think your looking for is if you could get them to send the unsintered abutment then pre-colour it your self.

Theres nothing stopping you from getting a basic colourd abutment and colouring it with ceramic stains after sintering though.

Did a case with zirconia sub copings a little while back, and this is what i did for the collars.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I understand the post(...ya..what's new...? ),but are you talking about a one piece screw retained zirconia abutment and crown?

As Paul says,you design and request an abutment mesio-structure in the shade of your choice ie.A2.

Apply your shade base/liner and apply your porcelains accordingly,shade modifiers and all.

ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos182.jpg
ai971.photobucket.com_albums_ae197_rkmrdt_cameraphotos182.jpg

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Well, there you have it. Be creative.

Tero

Tero

Reaction score
If you are looking for precolored, screw retained, one-piece abutment,full anatomy or not, in vita shades, 100% zirconia (colored before sintering),answer is yes. We do this.

Is this what you mean?

Jyrsintkeskus

P

paulg100

Reaction score
when i see ur using Roeders i thought you were a quality outfit....

then i read your supplying emax cad milled on an MCXL and choked :nono:

How can you turn out work with such an awsome bit of kit (roeders) then send out stuff from that Sirona coffe machine???

talk about inconsistency in your companies profile.

credability = ruined.

Last edited:
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
when i see ur using Roeders i thought you were a quality outfit....

then i read your supplying emax cad milled on an MCXL and choked :nono:

How can you turn out work with such an awsome bit of kit (roeders) then send out stuff from that Sirona coffe machine???

talk about inconsistency in your companies profile.

credability = ruined.

Why....... Are you saying a company can't offer differing levels of quality or service at differant price points and have credibility?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
No its just that the Emax that comes of that machine dosent fit!

The scan data is junk and the smallest bur is 1mm thick!

They obviously feel that is acceptable, so thats no outfit id wanna send my work to. Just because somethings cheaper it dosent mean it has to be junk.

Ive had milling centers ask me if i wanted to work together and offer emax cad through my craplab, i told em to forget it. I dont even want my name associated with it.

How does quality tier'ing work from a milling center? Is it the same as offering a doc tiered quality? im not so sure.

If i send something out to be milled, i want it to come back to a certain tollerence and know what im going to get.

each to there own.

Last edited:
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. Rob

Tero

Tero

Reaction score
For Paulg100.

Reason that we offer Sirona milling is that dentist want to send works from Cerec intraoral scanners. These customer know what kind of quality MCXL can do.
If we don't mill these works for dentist with MCXL, some one else will do...
This has nothing to do with open systems and Röders quality.

If you read again our product list, you can see that we offer allso e.max press / cad wax design.
This means 3shape desing and Röders milled wax that we press to e.max. This is HI-quality.

Any more question?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
well thats good to hear.

how much Cerec work you get?

the last time i gave a cerec user the price of the SLA models i never heard from them again :)

Sironas pricing structure is at odds with the CEREC mentality which is to cut lab costs and spend as little as possible on there lab work. Then they come up with these over priced model costs. I think they hope the labs will absorb the costs, no chance with me.

Still im getting onto another topic and hi jacking your thread here so ill shut up about that :tape:

Hope the roeders is working out well for you, if your getting tons of cerec scans ill swap it for my MCXL? :nod:

Last edited:
Tero

Tero

Reaction score
Well.. This Sirona milling is just for service. It's not that big thing. We had this MCXL earlyer than Röders, so why should I use it.

Thanks for asking, our Röders is working fine.