Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol, agree, and a winner.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Ok - I hadn't seen the other post. I like the idea of the letter stating preference for authentic vs/ generic.

You know, for a surfer dude, you're alright.

spclt3.jpg

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
I had a Dr. call the other day complaining about my milled abutment fee. And how I'm getting them milled for $125...etc.. I charge $275 for the generic NT abutment milled at a popular milling center. I explained to him I have scanner to pay for , licensing fees, etc. My question is , am I in the ballpark? too much , to little? He does make his own tissue model 90% of the time. Thanks

The new land rovers are arriving at the dealership this fall.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I had a rep. from a certain aftermarket implant company tell me I was charging too much. He told me labs are charging $200. for ti custom abutment and fcz crown package.
That really puts in a nutshell what I don't like about the prevailing mentality of clinicians that gravitate toward aftermarket.
A whole lot of cutting corners to increase margins. Cart before the horse crap. It's all cut of one cloth.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I had a doctor call me at the beginning of the year and tell me that he was looking at his lab bill for 2015 and he was wondering if I would give him a discount for all the work he sends our lab. He said that our quality is better than any other labs in town he has tried, but that we were more expensive. I explained to him that in order for our quality to remain at a satisfactory level, we need to be able to pay a wage that will attract and keep good employees. He immediately changed the subject to ask how my Christmas was.

One of the first things I learned from the discussions of this site was not to compete on price.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I had a doctor call me at the beginning of the year and tell me that he was looking at his lab bill for 2015 and he was wondering if I would give him a discount for all the work he sends our lab. He said that our quality is better than any other labs in town he has tried, but that we were more expensive. I explained to him that in order for our quality to remain at a satisfactory level, we need to be able to pay a wage that will attract and keep good employees. He immediately changed the subject to ask how my Christmas was.

One of the first things I learned from the discussions of this site was not to compete on price.
How was your Christmas?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Remember while we are all artists we have to be businessmen/women first.

In the past my least favorite part of the day was dealing with clients pricing questions. Then I started to realize how powerful I was when these questions came up. Knowing they are asking questions is way better than not having them ask. Learning how to discuss these topics is a skill set and one that I have trained my front office to deal with in most situations. Steering the conversation to guide them to an understanding of WHY is never what you should try and accomplish. Stating pricing and policy should NEVER be something to fear. Be strong in your answers to such questions and stay firm. There is never a time when you need to justify them. Its something that not everyone can do effectively and a savvy client will sniff out weakness. There are many books on client communication and as I often state on this forum your most powerful tool is the telephone, learn how to use it.