$99 crowns...we got you beat

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
You know they(DMD's) are all laughing at those aholes as they drive by in their new Benzes to their vacation homes or the country clubs don't you???

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
I'm standing my ground. However its not the client retention that is my problem it is the client acquisition. I can only throw so much at marketing before I feel I'm tossing good cash away. If they see no worth or value in having me around then I guess I have no choice but to get out.

K

Kelvin Tantono

Reaction score
So actually how much is the "normal" price for zirconia ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So actually how much is the "normal" price for zirconia ?

Depends on which is more important to the doc, less money in his wallet now and less seating time in the operatory with a beatutiful reatoration or more money in his wallet now and less later from spending more seating time in the operatory grinding.

And whether they even get that.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Soon someone will advertise...

"Crowns : we pay you to take them off us "

and they will justify it somehow...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
theres someone nearby selling for $68-$78 per unit. i sincerely doubt they are made in house. :rolleyes:

W

Wayoutwest

Reaction score
Did I forget to mention I'm a fairly new lab owner 4yrs so I'm still learning how to juggle all this stuff I never wanted to own my own business just got tired of the Boss looking over my shoulder. So now I get to listen to my own thoughts. Which some days is worse LOL. There is going to be a lot of starving Lab Techs out there and there may be no end in sight as long as people are willing to work for nothing and Dr's are willing to put crap in the patients mouth, the public needs to be informed on why a $99 dollar that they pay is no different that the $200 dollar crown the insurance pays for one crown at between $1500-2000 its the Dentist that make the decision and they take the extra money they save to the bank........Deal ..
Its like were beating a dead horse no more giddy up:deadhorse: and until something changes we are all screwed.

Krunal Shah

Krunal Shah

Reaction score
here in India there are labs providing monolithic one unit at 1200 INR = 20 USD to doctors...!!!
lab to lab it is around 15 USD !!!!!

SmartLabJon

SmartLabJon

Reaction score
There's labs that we supply here in Southern California doing $55 full contour for doctors.

I came across this post searching the web for who can be doing crowns for this price. We just lost a 20+ year, $5k/month account to "a lab in California that does $55 crowns". He claims he gets a one week turnaround and that it is not out sourced. He would not provide proof (such as an invoice) however. What sucks is he never gave us a chance to compete (not that we could) even after a relationship that spanned decades. :(

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I came across this post searching the web for who can be doing crowns for this price. We just lost a 20+ year, $5k/month account to "a lab in California that does $55 crowns". He claims he gets a one week turnaround and that it is not out sourced. He would not provide proof (such as an invoice) however. What sucks is he never gave us a chance to compete (not that we could) even after a relationship that spanned decades. :(
If he didn't talk to you guys first ,i'm guessing he's upset about something else . There's a good chance he'll be back if you keep it friendly .Good luck :)

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score

It's all true! I've had some of these customers for many years and they chose to sell them at that price. Why?
There seems to be a price war in Orange County and it doesn't look like it's stopping anytime soon. I personally
thinks it's ruining the market but who am I to judge. That's just my .2 cents.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
When I was setting up my lab I talked with a guy from Cali who messaged on DLN for a marketing biz he was doing for labs. he'd call all the dentists in your area to get appts to meet or at least fax a pricelist or details of your lab. He said he could get tons of referrals. When I was sharing my prices with him, which are middle of the road to slightly under average, he was caught off guard. He worked for 3 dif Cali labs doing this marketing stuff and was getting tons of new accounts and they didn't have a crown over $85 if i remember right. So he wasn't sure how well his calling would work for me. It felt like he thought all crowns were sub $100 range
Moral of the story - California is the new China. IDIOTS!!

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
When I was setting up my lab I talked with a guy from Cali who messaged on DLN for a marketing biz he was doing for labs. he'd call all the dentists in your area to get appts to meet or at least fax a pricelist or details of your lab. He said he could get tons of referrals. When I was sharing my prices with him, which are middle of the road to slightly under average, he was caught off guard. He worked for 3 dif Cali labs doing this marketing stuff and was getting tons of new accounts and they didn't have a crown over $85 if i remember right. So he wasn't sure how well his calling would work for me. It felt like he thought all crowns were sub $100 range
Moral of the story - California is the new China. IDIOTS!!

GW is doing crowns FCZ for $69 to certain doctors. In reality it's $99 with a "discount". So when the big boys are joining in on the price
war who's to blame? How do I know this? One of my good accounts came in here fuming one day telling us how one of his docs
just showed him a GW invoice with 3 FCZ for $99 each with a "discount". So his doc wanted him to beat the $69 price so they could still
do business with him.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I assume Ca has to compete with Mexico?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I assume Ca has to compete with Mexico?

Doubt it. It's more like California is competing with itself. I personally don't know of any labs outsourcing to Mexico.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Maybe not labs but what about dentists? I know pts are going there for c&b.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Maybe not labs but what about dentists? I know pts are going there for c&b.

Getting dental work done in Mexico is really common nowadays. It's about half the cost of doing it in the states. I do have
2 labs in Mexico with Roland Mills that buy product from us.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont see john wilson on the corner begging for change in Cali...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
friend of mine worked for a mexico lab. he set up rolands for them, then they let him go, and they started giving the work to the prison for the inmates to do with hand tools. at least thats what he told me. i have no way to verify or validate it.