40% Translucency Class

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For black stumps, are you using the 40% Trans zirconia's (eg. ArgenZ Esthetic) with success to mask out? Is there a minimum thickness required before you look to alternatives?

Thanks,
Sean

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
For dark stumps there's a nice product you can paint on the intaglio presinter and it will block everything out...;)

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
For dark stumps there's a nice product you can paint on the intaglio presinter and it will block everything out...;)

I'm missing a joke arn't I? I'm too dumb right now, multitasking Hmmmm2

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
I've tried the opaque but for some reason I feel it takes away some of the translucency.... I may have applied too much though. :(

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I've tried the opaque but for some reason I feel it takes away some of the translucency.... I may have applied too much though. :(
You have to paint a very thin layer only...too much will soak too deep into the Zr

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Exactly what I found out. It has to be "just right". I mix it 1:1 with distilled water. Try before or after dipping to see what works for you.
I think that's the stuff you can't mix with the other Change colors, but I found you can thin it out with distilled water.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You have to paint a very thin layer only...too much will soak too deep into the Zr

Agree, especially if you do it dry, like on a Katana STML.
When coloring maybe dip it, let it sit for 5mn, then apply it so it doesn't soak in so much,
or isn't so intense?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
When coloring maybe dip it, let it sit for 5mn, then apply it so it doesn't soak in so much,
or isn't so intense?
I always apply it dry, I should try the soaking method...Beer

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks Robert,
Never had issues with literally black stumps on 0.45mm thickness?
If you are making a b1 maybe. I believe there are opacious cements and white cements as well.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If you are making a b1 maybe. I believe there are opacious cements and white cements as well.

Create more of a cement gap in the scan settings on cases like those, otherwise, I don't think the cements are opaciuos enough in thin layers?