3Shape vs. Exocad

C

charles007

Reaction score
Scanner bought 4-12 -2013 ....so I did get the most current update, 5057 within 12 months of buying. DT T does not owe me another new update since I haven't paid there undecided charge for new updates.
DT T told me they would get back to me soon on what they plan to charge for new updates....
My point in writing this post is to answer the age old cost question where so many labs buy Exocad thinking its so much cheaper than 3shape.
To be fair to Exocad resellers there is a cost to give support to all the scanners they sell and its only fair that the actually cost are told up front before buying. 3Shape buyers know day one yearly cost.
Everyone I know using Exocad assumed paying for new Exocad Updates yearly would also include Support on the Cad software.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Why has no one mentioned this before Charles?
This thread is a year old and you are the first one to tell us that tech support is an extra fee.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
I'm sitting here with version 4736 designing crowns, bridges, implants, hybrids, etc. etc. no problem. I don't pay any extra dollars for support. I have the option to upgrade to the newest version, but can't justify the money. I don't see those updates paying off, or being of use to me.... yet.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Why has no one mentioned this before Charles?
This thread is a year old and you are the first one to tell us that tech support is an extra fee.
I guess I'm the first lab that was told from an reseller you must buy an Annual Service or have no free support. Will other companies follow that path ? I doubt it.

Its completely stupid to pay $1000. + more than what 3shapers pay per year. If labs can use Exocad without any support whether they buy new Updates or not, that's there choice and more power to them.
I still think other companies will offer free support as long as the lab pays the annual fee for New Updates each and every year. The only reason I haven't paid for new updates in 2014 is the last update isn't as stable as 5057. I waited all of 2014 for the new Exocad platform to come out and I will wait till it released before I write a check.
To put more icing on the cake, I was even sending my scan files to DAL(DT T) for my milling. That ceased weeks ago once I learned I had to pay for support.
I'm not writing this to bash DT. Technologies, there's a lot of good people working at DAL(DT T) but the front office is making bad decisions in my opinion. I told them this will bite them in the ass....... lol

RKM...The only thing I can figure out, I guess paying for yearly updates is not enough $$ to help pay for the support needed.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I'm sitting here with version 4736 designing crowns, bridges, implants, hybrids, etc. etc. no problem. I don't pay any extra dollars for support. I have the option to upgrade to the newest version, but can't justify the money. I don't see those updates paying off, or being of use to me.... yet.

Yep, I know many others doing the same. Never heard a word from other labs being told to buy an Annual Contract if you want Support....or pay $150.00 per hour......

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
$150/hr seems very lucrative.

Darby Hawkes

Darby Hawkes

Reaction score
So I have been offered trade in medit for the newest model due out in june or july. I am debating upgrade, or going 3shape. I want the articulation and a better anatomy database. I have experience with exocad and not sure I want to learn a new system. Any opinions either way?

Darby Hawkes

Darby Hawkes

Reaction score
I think ap pic of the final design should be included. you can bust out a tooth in a minute but may be not so good looking. I've seen them.
for me, 5.5 minutes to enter pt and crown info and scan. then 6-7 minutes design. crown comes back and I thin margins and usually have 1 adjustment for both contact and occlusion. light adjustment btw.
View attachment 15416 View attachment 15416 View attachment 15417
Is this and exocad database crown?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So I have been offered trade in medit for the newest model due out in june or july. I am debating upgrade, or going 3shape. I want the articulation and a better anatomy database. I have experience with exocad and not sure I want to learn a new system. Any opinions either way?

There are a lot of other libraries available for exocad.

[URL="http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/tooth-library-for-exocad.19628/#post-172077"]tooth library for exocad[/URL]

[URL="http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/10-amazing-tooth-libraries-for-exocad-and-all-its-derivatives.19654/"]10 amazing tooth libraries for EXOCAD and all it's derivatives[/URL]

Top Bottom